moodyskydiver

I was on death row...

...literally. I spent time on death row and in the execution chamber today. Why? Because I'm a Criminal Justice major and we took a tour of the Huntsville, TX prison unit. It was actually very interesting. The history of this unit is great because it was the first prison system in TX, built in the mid 1800s and has housed a few infamous names such as John Wesley Hardin and members of Bonnie and Clyde's gang. It was a little odd walking around "the yard" with over 1600 inmates around you. Getting a step-by-step walk through of the execution process (from last meal to last rites) from the head warden was a bit sobering as well. We also got to see the original electric chair that was retired in the mid 70s when the US Supreme Court handed down the new regulations for capital punishment/executions.

It was a unique experience. Rarely do people give a second thought to the system once their jury duty service is over. Its interesting to see a behind the scenes view of exactly how justice is carried out.

OK! So I'm weird!:P

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

They don't call it"the Walls" for nothin. Do they have the signs around that say"No Hostages Beyond this Point"

Sometimes I wonder whether we carry out "justice" or retribution in this state.

Just a thought. Maybe it'll start another noisy thread.
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Nah, your not weird. I did a internship with the Alaska State Troopers (summer-95) and I saw alot of interesting and strange things.
I've got a degree in CJ, and here I'm in the full-time reserves as Combat Medic, now tha't weird.

PS-Lived in Irving for 3 years; that heat during the summer wiped me out.

the highlight of the trip had to be leaving Corsicana for awhile.

Damn if that aint the truth! Too bad I couldnt have "accidentally missed the van" when it left to go back home. Then I coulda called my best friend, whos in Houston, and had him meet me in Huntsville. I could be partying in Houston right now with a cute ass guy and getting in all kinds of trouble.Dammit!Why in hell didnt I miss that van?!:S

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."