seanhindzinger

Full face helmet okay for beginner jumper?

Thanks for all the advice! I actually have a RW suit with booties on the way, so i will make sure I'm using my regular helmet etc to minimize the difference from previous jumps. Headed to my home DZ tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what they say in comparison to all the advice given here. Thanks for everything, definitely a lot of good advice and things to think about.

I wasn't such a fan of the wind hitting my face

And you want to take up skydiving?

Oh come now.... This is a reaction that I've heard from many friends who were either making their first tandem or their first trip into a wind tunnel. It's simply a new and unfamiliar sensation and one they hadn't been expecting. Some of them have even told me they had "trouble breathing". I start by telling them they didn't turn blue, so they had to be breathing something. Then I just explain that it was a new sensation they hadn't been expecting and to not worry about it, they can actually breathe just fine. The ones at the wind tunnel told me on their second turn in the tunnel they could breathe just fine.

Are you really discouraging anyone who feels a little spooked by a new sensation ? How will they ever learn to trust a simple stable arch in freefall ?!?

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !