Closest Airport to Perris?

Okay, wise guys, I should have been more specific...>:(;)B| hehehe

Which airport would somebody traveling by regualr commercial air service fly to in order to go visit Perris?
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Well, technically, the closest airport to Perris . . . is Perris! ;)

However, closest doesn't always mean there is airline service into an airport so, unless you're flying your own aircraft, you probably want Ontario.

When ya comin' down?

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ontario is definitely closer, but I have always found substantially cheaper rates into San Diego and LAX. My last three trips out there were into San Diego. Our extensive dropzone.com family has accomodated me with rides everytime I asked. Gotta love this shit!

Chuck

. . . but I have always found substantially cheaper rates into San Diego and LAX.

That's going to depend on the point of origin as well.

That would be SEA. I have credit w/SWA.

So how far is Ontario from Perris?

mh

Try Southwest, they're never advertised on those sites, but I find their fares to be the cheapest. I'm flying Southwest out to Portland, and then Portland to Oakland in June. I hate to tell you, but I think the fare sale ended last night. [:/] I did read in the paper today that Delta was offering discounts, but I don't know to which cities.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Try Southwest, they're never advertised on those sites, but I find their fares to be the cheapest. I'm flying Southwest out to Portland, and then Portland to Oakland in June. I hate to tell you, but I think the fare sale ended last night. [:/] I did read in the paper today that Delta was offering discounts, but I don't know to which cities.

Hear, hear. SWA is the best little airline in the business.

edit for URL boo-boo :ph34r:

I guess I shouldn't complain, but it looks like the Ontario airport is about 30-35 miles from Perris.

What about ground transportation / crash space?

So how far is Ontario from Perris?

It takes about an hour to drive to Perris from the Ontario airport (driving the speed limit, that is ;-)

:D On a bicycle! :D Nah, only 30-35 depending on time of day of course.;)

:D On a bicycle! :D Nah, only 30-35 depending on time of day of course.;)

30-35 maybe in the middle of the night and seriously breaking the speed limit ;)

You could get to Elsinore in 30-35, but Perris takes a little longer - it's worth the trip though :)

. . . but I have always found substantially cheaper rates into San Diego and LAX.

That's going to depend on the point of origin as well.

That would be SEA. I have credit w/SWA.

\

I've flown a bunch lately for work into ONT from SEA, both Alaska and Southwest fly there. Southwest is a connection though. Alaska is direct. Book far enough in advance and the prices aren't bad. it's about an hour drive to Perris (Riverside traffic sucks).

Come on down, Mark! I fly Alaska from Seatac to Ontario. In fact, let me know when you'll be coming in and I'll pick you up.

Oh...and bring lots of pics from Harvey Airfield for me too. God, I miss the guys up there!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

it's about an hour drive to Perris (Riverside traffic sucks).

Okay, I don't know when you guys are driving to Perris, but I drive PAST Ontario on my way to Perris every weekend, and it takes me 45-50 minutes (and Ontario is the halfway point!)......
MAYBE it's an hour if you hit Friday afternoon traffic just right....
We were never feeling bored because we were never being boring.
-Zelda Fitzgerald

it's about an hour drive to Perris (Riverside traffic sucks).

Okay, I don't know when you guys are driving to Perris, but I drive PAST Ontario on my way to Perris every weekend, and it takes me 45-50 minutes (and Ontario is the halfway point!)......
MAYBE it's an hour if you hit Friday afternoon traffic just right....

That's what I tried to tell 'em!:S:D

Ontario is definitely closer, but I have always found substantially cheaper rates into San Diego and LAX. My last three trips out there were into San Diego. Our extensive dropzone.com family has accomodated me with rides everytime I asked. Gotta love this shit!

Chuck

I'm sure BillVon will scoot you up to perris from SanDiego if you promiss not to put him into your marine corp choke hold..........Semper fi ! Glen