Slappie

Back in the air soon (need vibes)

For all those who know me, know it's been pretty tough on me not being able to jump. I've had some money problems. (Like everyone else) Kinda got myself to a point where I can afford to jump again B| Taking the rig in tomorrow for a repack and general going over. Should be back in the air this weekend B| It's been quite awhile since I made my last jump. I did a sit fly with Ramon back in July 02' :| was my last jump.. Was pretty hard for a few months to stay grounded. Then all of a sudden I was questioning whether I wanted to jump at all. I've kept up with the sport, through reading here, Skydiver and Parachutist magazines. The weather in south Texas is getting warmer, the suns is out longer and this Texan has got to get some AIR!!

Send me some vibes! I can't freeeekin wait to get my knees in the breeze!!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

>>>:)
I'm going through the same thing right now. Can't afford to get current. Started having doubts myself. Started wondering if I would chicken out when I get back in the air. I probably won't be able to jump for another month. When you have time to sit and think about it your mind starts messing with you. Luckily my man gives me support and encouragement.:)

"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

That ole sabre needs some air man!
{{{(((vibes)))}}}

HAH no shit Dave! I think I need it more then the Sabre.

I'm not worried about my flying skills are whether I'm going to chicken out. I was more thinking, do I actually want to jump again. :S Even thought about just posting the rig and all my equipment for sale! God Forbid!! I was close to just hanging it up.

WELL NO WAY MAN!! B|B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Here are a lot of experienced vibes -- I started again a couple of years ago after a multi-year layoff, so I really understand where you're coming from. These vibes are directly targeted, and guaranteed! B|

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Pssst Slappie, I'll let you into a wee secret I've hardly jumped worth talking about since that TSR weekend at Spacey.....
I don't think I'll be needing that sabre back for a while so hold onto it for a wee while longer for me would ya!....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Pssst Slappie, I'll let you into a wee secret I've hardly jumped worth talking about since that TSR weekend at Spacey.....
I don't think I'll be needing that sabre back for a while so hold onto it for a wee while longer for me would ya!....

Aye sir, I shall hold onto it till you tell me you are needing it. :P She will be getting some use soon!! If I don't have any beer light injuries..

So Pop, your a coach now.. I may need you to teach me how to skydive ;)

Should be back out at Spaceland this coming Sunday. Got some more stuff to move outa storage on Saturday, but I'll be shooting for a jump or two on Sunday. B|

Woohoo! Once you get current, you've got to get your ass up to Aggieland to jump!B|

Dave like getting current is hard.. it's one jump LMFAO!! I could get current in Aggieland!! B|

Aggies, what they good for?

To hold a UT Freshmans beer!!

you mean your not gona be a wuffo anymore slappie??? wow..... COOL......... glad to hear you're gona get to jump........... think ya could sneak into the houston airport on sunday and climb on board my plane??? we could get a 2 way outa the MD-80.....that is after we ransom the passengers for 5 billion dollars.... or maybe a few jumptix at various dz's........lol.....

I'm currently "taking time off" from the sport myself (see my previous post "I'm still alive"). The last time I jumped after a long layoff (about 3 months) I did better on the recurrency dive than I did on my last previous jump. I think the key is to just relax and have fun and not worry about it. Although I think I went over my emergency procedures about 100 times (not a bad idea I think). Blue skies my friend!
Hackey