GARYC24

EASTER SUNRISE IN RIVERSIDE,CA.

Anyone here been to the Easter Sunrise service at
Mt. Rubioux? In Riverside,Ca.
Or, there besides Easter?
I'm gonna possibly go, it's starts a 4:00 am hike
to 1339'.
I'll have to get some hiking shoes, and the next weekend is $150 all ya can junp at Perris, so can't afford everything, that's why I may "possibly" go.
2 great weekends in a row would be like a dream come true...
Gary Calhoun

Get there way freekin' early and be aware it's a heck of a hike. If you're not really in shape (and maybe even if you are) you'll definitely feel it. Also, you might be warm from the hike up, but as soon as you stop and sit down to listen you'll probably start getting chilly so think layers and maybe a small day pack with extra warm stuff. It's a pretty nice event and they take a huge portable baptismal font up there for the folks that want that full immersion experience as well. Lots of interesting people watching too. Highly recommended at least once for the experience of it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I lived in Riverside for years. My sister and I went to the service one year. Like Quade said, it's an experience I'll never forget. Go with an open mind and have fun.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey