jtfreefly

anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses

i've had a pair of skydiving google come loose once in freefall. do people really jump with sunglasses!?

I've done a couple of thousand jumps with either Gators or Oakleys on my face (with a strap keeping them from leaving).

Actually, I hate using goggles, they fog up and get my face sweaty.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Does anyone know if the liquid eyewear sunglasses give a good seal around the eyes for jumping. I currently have a pair of nike sunglasses that fit great but after several years they are getting pretty beat up.

Yes, they do give a good seal either by themselves or with the foam gasket that you can add if you like a true goggle fit/feel. Unlike Gatorz, Liquid Eyewear is designed to be bent to better mold to the wearers face and offer ANSI impact protection. Liquid also offers the T flex model for those who prefer their glasses to fold. The T flex model can also be converted into goggles with a typical elastic goggle strap that can be added when the arms are removed. If you require a RX, liquid offers in lens prescriptions as well. If you want more feedback, a search on "Liquid Eyewear" will bring up several threads. HERE is one for starters.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

i've had a pair of skydiving google come loose once in freefall. do people really jump with sunglasses!?

I've done a couple of thousand jumps with either Gators or Oakleys on my face (with a strap keeping them from leaving).

yea, they do.. which oakley-model do you prefer? they're my favorite brand, but i have a pair of gatorz too..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I have a set of Liquid players with a -7 RX insert, and the light-to-dark lenses. They are superb, in my view. The RX inserts give me the best vision I have ever had with any set of glasses, and I have been wearing glasses for 30 years. The peripheral vision is stellar.

You don't need the gasket. They work extremely well, for me, in flat and head up flying.

As a very shortsighted spaz, I think they are great, and I have tried other options which worked to an extent, but were flawed.

I am very happy with my Liquid solution.

You don't need the gasket. They work extremely well, for me, in flat and head up flying.

+1

I have a set of Liquid Eyewear players I use on every jump. I purchased the gasket insert and tried using it, but didn't notice a great improvement as the frame was molded to my face so not much air was getting in my eyes in the first place. I don't like wearing the gasket when not skydiving, and it is a minor annoyance with minimal benefit putting the gasket in, so I don't use it.

I also have a prescription lens and the glasses work great.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

yea, they do.. which oakley-model do you prefer? they're my favorite brand, but i have a pair of gatorz too..

I have a HUGE face and freakishly large head, so I only wear Gascans. Everything else besides M-frames, looks too small on my face. No M-frames for me, the 90s ended a long time ago..
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've used these for years now: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHOPPERS-MOTORCYCLE-GOOGLES-BIKER-GLASSES-BLACK-GOGGLES-/220977035838?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Helmets&hash=item337341fa3e

Search about and you'll find them for sale in the states too. Great as a halfway house as they're sunglasses but have foam round the edge too and the elastic means you can sinch them down tight if you need. Never have a problem with them in the tunnel or sky. Cheep as chips and available with various coloured lenses. B|

+1

I have a set of Liquid Eyewear players I use on every jump. I purchased the gasket insert and tried using it, but didn't notice a great improvement as the frame was molded to my face so not much air was getting in my eyes in the first place. I don't like wearing the gasket when not skydiving, and it is a minor annoyance with minimal benefit putting the gasket in, so I don't use it.

I also have a prescription lens and the glasses work great.

Ditto everything Mike just said.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Gatorz have ANSI protection...

Are you referring to the plastic frame line they now offer or the aluminum frames with glass lenses?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Interesting! I've tried on quite a few goggles/shades for use while skydiving and I have yet to come across a pair of shades that I could use with an open face comfortably. I wear contacts and have a small(er) face will demo these glasses as soon as I get a chance to from friends or whatnot and see if I can actually wear an open face with shades without worrying about losing a contact in freefall!
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

I don't wear contacts, so I can't speak to that. The newer players are very comfortable to wear in a helmet as the frame of the sunglasses stops at the top of your ear and doesn't wrap around it. The strap holds them in place and there is no discomfort caused by your ear being smashed into the frame.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.