Jessica

Boy blinded by potato gun

These are popular after the beer light...be careful.

Teen blinded after being shot in eye with potato gun

DALLAS (AP) — A teenager was blinded after being struck in the face with a frog shot from a so-called “potato gun.”

Daniel Benjamin Berry, 17, received the injury after he looked down the barrel of the gun's PVC pipe barrel and was hit in the face by the frog.

“He is going to be blind in both eyes,” Daniel's mother, Lisa Berry, said.

Potato guns are made of pipe with one end sealed. A potato is wedged into the open end and a flammable liquid put into a sealed chamber is ignited, launching the object.

Denton County Sheriff's Department spokesman Kevin Patton said the accident occurred about 1 a.m. Sunday when Daniel Berry joined a crowed of teenagers watching the gun be fired.

When it misfired, Daniel Berry looked down the barrel to see what was wrong when the gun went off, Patton said.

“He said it just went off. It was a misfire. It hit him square in the face,” Lisa Berry said, adding that her son had broken bones in his face that would require surgery.

Patton said no charges would be filed.

“This is the first incident involving a potato gun that we have had to deal with,” he said. “What are you going to do? This was an accident.”

Lisa Berry said the accident ruined her son's career dreams.

“All he ever wanted to do was be an Air Force pilot,” she said. “That isn't going to happen now.”
AP-WS-04-15-03 2022EDT
Skydiving is for cool people only

haha! remster:$:o

hit it the face with a high speed frog! what a shitty way to loose your eye sight!( not sure there is a GOOD way to loose it)

that would suck not being able to see FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE because you were only trying to do a FROG SHOT[:/]

My photos

My Videos

Those darn Texans. :P

Actually, it's a sad story and I hate hearing about stuff like that. Poor guy. I hope someone else can avoid something like this, by learning from this guy. [:/]

Poor guy? what about the friggin frog? they are called potato guns for a reason.. no need to hurt animals.

perhaps he got what he deserved

Sheeesh...

This falls in the category of, "Hey y'all, watch this..." :ph34r:

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

does any one care about how the frog felt???
poor frog:(:(:(;)

being serious the kid learned a lesson hell never forget. ido feel sorry for the kid but putting your face in front of a loaded potato cannon is not the brightest thing to do.

if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

no need to hurt animals.

perhaps he got what he deserved

Exeactly what i were thinking..
Well we all(specialy skydivers)do some stupied things.I hope this can help people to stop using inicint living creatures as fun.
Well its sad about that kids eyes,no one want a kids to get hurt..
Where were the grown ups while the kids played whith a gun(or did i misunderstood and it were a toy-gun?)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I feel for him because i woudl never want to be without a sense but, not only was it a stupid thing to do, can you imagine how much of an ass he is gonna feel recounting the story on how he lost his sight in years to come.

Sorry in this case Sympathy comes between shit and Syphallis in the dictionary.B|B|B|

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

>>received the injury after he looked down the barrel of the gun's PVC pipe barrel <<

This is why the BHL's should not make it a crime to teach kids how firearms work and how to handle them. At age 7, I would not have looked down the barrel of a hangfired (not misfired, as the article says) anything, much less at 17. Oh well.

While keeping people ignorant makes them easier to control, this is one of the situations where I think it did not serve the victim well.

BMcD...

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

This is why the BHL's should not make it a crime to teach kids how firearms work and how to handle them. At age 7, I would not have looked down the barrel of a hangfired (not misfired, as the article says) anything, much less at 17. Oh well.

While keeping people ignorant makes them easier to control, this is one of the situations where I think it did not serve the victim well.

This has nothing to do with firearm knowledge. Sadly, this is just a severe failing in general common sense.