rapter

currency

Hi,
It's been 10 years since I made my last solo skydive. I had about 250 jumps when I gave it up for parenthood. I feel that I am ready to get back in ....what do I do for a currency jump? My friends all have difffrent opionions and I'm too tired to look for my manual.

Thank you
Anni

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

250 or 2500? It makes a big difference. I had similar layoff, and it was easy to get back into it. In any case, you take your logbooks to the DZ, talk with them, and do what they say. I was ready to do anything they said, including sitting through a first jump course, but they didn't have me do that. Some talk, some time in the harness.... I had 1600 jumps at the time.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

About the same for me. I talked with an instructor for a couple of hours, convincing him I remembered stuff. Then I sat in a hanging harness for awhile.

I did borrow a (cypres-equipped) rig for the first couple of jumps. After that it was back to my own gear, that I'd saved :o. Yeah, it got some stares :ph34r:

Call the dz; ask to speak with the senior-most instructor or DZO (depends on the dropzone), and do what they say. If you don't like what they say, you can look for another DZ. But -- if you're shopping for the answer you want, consider if that's the smartest thing to do.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hi,
It's been 10 years since I made my last solo skydive. I had about 250 jumps when I gave it up for parenthood. I feel that I am ready to get back in ....what do I do for a currency jump? My friends all have difffrent opionions and I'm too tired to look for my manual.

Thank you
Anni

Your post says 250 but your profile says 2500
__

My mighty steed

if you're shopping for the answer you want, consider if that's the smartest thing to do.

funny thing about retrains -

it seems that the retrain that shows up and thinks he remembers it all and wants the free pass is usually the one that REALLY needs some formal refresher training.

The one that respects he's not current and listens and does whatever is needed usually gets by pretty quickly and maybe could have just gone up and 'blown off the dust'.

for retrains, attitude tells you EVERYTHING

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Ditch the husband and the kid for a week... tell them you're going to visit relatives.

Take the credit cards and the check book.

Go down to Perris.

Do some tunnel time.

Go over to Jim Wallace's skydiving school, tell them your story... wear something low cut.

Sit through fist jump course, do a recurrency jump (AFF Level 3 or 4?)... what ever they prescibe.

Do a BUNCH of coach jumps and / or small ways the balance of the week.

Order new gear from Square One... have it delivered to Square Two to save the taxes... before leaving at the end of the week.

;)