bodypilot90

Anti-War Celebrities May Face Backlash

Why can't you admit that we had 8 years of peace and prosperity with the last administration, and now we only have trouble and turmoil?

I will gladly admit that, and that very peace and prosperity continued into the new administration too. Until 9/11. :|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

When asked about this protest, Rumsfeld said (paraphrased) "That's democracy in action". Another DoD spokesman said something like: "A month ago, doing that would have gotten them shot."

edit (again) for spelling
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Bush has morals?????

He has lied to our nation repeatedly involving this conflict. Lies he has told:

1) In his state of the union address an Jan. 28 2003 Bush made refrences to Iraq attempting to buy Uranium in Africa? Guess what that was based on documents that were shown to be false in LATE 2001! So are we to belive that Bush didn't read the intellegence reports coming out of the CIA for over a year?

2) Hussein Kamal, the son-in-law and chief of Iraq's weapons program who was killed by Sadam for deffecting, was considered an "intelligence bonanza". His testimony was used several times to prove that Iraq had a chemical weapons program in the 1980's and early 90's. Yet this very person testified that Iraq "while keeping the techincal know-how, destroyed their weapons". Like I said, he was considered a reliable source by intellegence comunities and was executed when he returned to Iraq.

3) Remember those aluminum tubes were supposed to be for nuclear weapons production? The International Atomic Energy Agency explicitly debunked those claims.

So, there are three lies the president has told us. I would say that a government lying to its people is pretty amoral.

Our war on terror is starting to remind me more and more of the movement started by everyone's favorite senetor from Wisconsin. Complete with lies, black listing, and the term "anti-american".
BASE 853

Clinton certainly was entertaining......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY OF INFAMY 2001
U.S. equipped
terror sponsors
Clinton exported NSA-ducking phone, high-tech encryption devices to Syria

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Paul Sperry
© 2001 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON -- The dozen or so Islamic terrorists who pulled off the plot to strike at America's nerve centers in New York and Washington spent at least five years researching, planning and coordinating the surprise attacks, U.S. security officials say. And they did it completely in secret, using the world's most sophisticated telecommunications equipment, some secured by advanced encryption technology that most armies don't have.

Where did they get such state-of-the-art, military-related gear?

First, you have to appreciate the high degree of communications activity their mission required at each stage.

In researching their targets, the terrorists picked visible ones relatively easy to spot and hit at high air speeds, yet ones that would produce big casualties and provide symbolic blows to American morale. They had to pick airports close by, with weak security. They had to find jets with enough heft and wingspan – and fuel inside those wings – to cause major damage, yet not so large that they required extra crew.

Also, the Boeing 757s (narrow body) and 767s (wide body) they hijacked have similar cockpits and the same Federal Aviation Administration type rating, obviating additional cockpit training.

They also apparently studied passenger traffic patterns of airlines in order to pick flights with relatively few people aboard. All four flights had light passenger loads. The Boeing jets have passenger capacities ranging between 165 seats and 207 seats, yet American Flight 11 carried just 81 passengers; American Flight 77, only 58; United Flight 175, 56; and United Flight 93, a skeletal 38. Fewer passengers, fewer heroes to worry about.

And they were careful to book early flights to avoid tarmac delays, which would have scuttled their closely synchronized missions. All the doomed flights were the first out of the gates that morning, meaning there was no chance for in-bound flights to hold up their take-offs.

More key, the terrorists needed to select transcontinental flights with big fuel loads to turn the planes into giant petro-bombs. All four flights were bound for California. They also had to know flight patterns, and how to blind air-traffic controllers to the hijackings by turning off the planes' transponders, which send such warning signals, among other aviation information.

In planning the attack, they had to fashion weapons that they could sneak past airport security. Transportation Department officials think that they may have hedged their bets and even planted security people on the inside at Logan and Dulles airports, so that guards would look the other way when they came through metal detectors at the terminals.

The kamikaze pilots also had to log many hours on computer flight simulators with high-level graphics capability, to practice hitting their targets at full throttle. A Continental Airlines captain, who's flown both 757s and 767s, told WorldNetDaily he thinks they may have even added the World Trade Center and Pentagon to the simulator's visual database.

"At the airspeed of those strikes, which hit their targets dead on, the hand-eye coordination demands would be too high for casual flying skill -- with, or without, an autopilot engaged," he said.

They had to practice, moreover, navigating the jets to abruptly change their course, by as much as 180 degrees in some cases, after take-off. Flying them at low altitudes was also something they had to work on.

Synchronized terrorists

Finally, in executing their murderous missions, the 12 or so terrorists had to coordinate their activities, flawlessly, within a roughly two-hour stretch. And, for the most part, they did. They all got to the airport on time, they all got through security, they all boarded their flights, they all hijacked their flights and, with the exception of one group, they all hit their targets.

Pulling off such a complex plot would have generated an inordinate volume of communications -- whether by radio, cell phone, land line, fax or modem -- among the terrorists, among their Middle-Eastern sponsors and among commercial contacts here and abroad.

But somehow eavesdroppers at the super-secret National Security Agency -- with their billion-dollar satellite "birds" and other surveillance technology -- were deaf, dumb and blind to the wicked plot.

"The real issue in this tragedy is how the hell were these people able to plan and coordinate such a strike over a period of months without the NSA intercepting their signals?" demanded Peter M. Leitner, a senior strategic trade adviser at the Defense Department.

Leitner, who reviews commercial license applications for exports of some of the most sophisticated military-related technology, thinks he knows the answer.

"The technology that would allow these terrorists to mask their communications was given away, hand over fist, by the Clinton administration," he said in an interview with WorldNetDaily.

Leitner says the previous administration rubber-stamped the shipment of top-end military-related telecommunications equipment to Syria, which is on the FBI's list of sensitive countries that pose a threat to U.S. security.

"Syria is a terrorist-supporting nation," he said. "They provide infrastructure to bastards like [Osama] bin Laden. They provide backup and support and communications abilities to these terrorist cells."

So what kind of gear has Syria -- and likely bin Laden, by way of Syria -- gotten from America?

Spread-spectrum radios

"We're giving them spread-spectrum radios, which are almost impossible to break into. We're giving them fiber optics. We're giving them a high level of encryption. We're giving them computer networks that can't be tapped," Leitner said.

Spread-spectrum radios, originally designed for military use only, change their frequency constantly.

"Bin Laden's cells aren't having any trouble communicating anymore," Leitner said.

Bin Laden, the world's No. 1 terrorist and the Pentagon's chief suspect in Tuesday's attacks, is known to use portable satellite telephones, advanced encryption cell phones and other encrypted telephony equipment, as well as secure computer networks -- all compliments of U.S. technology, Leitner says.

"If people are worried about how these people were able to coordinate and communicate something like this -- which had to be pretty extensively coordinated -- without it being intercepted, it's because of the crap we've been selling these people," he said.

"How can you penetrate their networks when you can't even eavesdrop on their conversations?" he said.

"You can't stop them when they're coming right at your building," he said. "But, damn it, you should be able to stop them months in advance by breaking up their networks."

Leitner posits that the NSA wasn't able to detect the Islamic terrorists' plot because of the "high quality of the communications gear that they've been acquiring over the last couple of years, thanks to the Clinton administration's decontrols on advanced telecommunications equipment."

Terrorists' secured telecom gear "makes it infinitely more difficult to get even early warning signs" about their activities, he said.

Tuesday's attacks took the entire U.S. government, including the intelligence community, by surprise.

"We had no specific warning of the U.S. attacks," said Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., ranking minority member of the Intelligence Committee.

Complete surprise

The Pentagon issued an alert of "Threat Con Alpha" the day before the attack, which meant that no threats were on the horizon. The same alert was issued the morning of the attack.

"We got no word of anything," Leitner said.

"We weren't warned of anything," another Pentagon official told WorldNetDaily.

Asked Tuesday if he had any inkling of the plot, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld dodged the question: "We don't discuss intelligence matters."

Three weeks ago, some overseas papers quoted bin Laden saying that a major strike against the U.S. was coming soon. But there were no specifics. And bin Laden reportedly sent an e-mail to unknown government sources three days ago warning holy hell would break out. But again, he didn't say how, when or where.

Still, it's baffling that the U.S. intelligence community didn't pick up, early on, any specifics of the complex and long-planned plot through electronic intercepts and signals intelligence.

But it's actually not that baffling, Leitner asserts, against the backdrop of loose government controls on dual-use telecom exports.

"I've testified to Congress that it will take serious numbers of body bags before we wake up to the need to tighten dual-use export controls," he said. "Unfortunately, we've got them now."

"This is so tragic and yet so preventable," he said. "Now we're going to have to knock out their [terrorist] camps, just like we had to bomb the Iraqis several times now to try to take out the fiber-optics network that the Chinese are installing in Iraq's air-defense systems."

"Yet, it was the Clinton administration that gave the Chinese the technology to give to Iraq," he noted.

The Bush administration apparently hasn't woken up, either.

Wake-up call

In June, Leitner was asked by the Commerce Department to OK a new round of exports of dual-use telecom equipment to Syria. He denied the request, and was asked to reconsider. He denied it again, arguing in a letter to Karen Vogel, the Commerce export licensing officer who requested the approval, that:

"Doing so vastly upgrades the C3 and C41 systems of the Syrian military and Intelligence Services. My concerns are also obviously compounded by the fact that Syria is one of the foremost state sponsors of terrorism."

Leitner continued: "Since an 'upgraded telecom infrastructure' will also greatly facilitate Syrian planning, coordination, secrecy and execution of terrorist acts, as well as direct military communications, I see absolutely no basis for any position other than a denial."

Vogel argued in an earlier letter that her request came on the heels of eight previous approvals of licenses for similar exports to Syria.

"There's still a lot of things inside the government involving national security that have just got to be changed," Leitner said.

Another senior Pentagon official who specializes in counterterrorism says his own faith in the U.S. intelligence community has been shattered.

"This full-court press by terrorists blows the hell out of the line that we've been hearing for years from the intelligence community that if they try anything big, we'll know about it and warn you. Anything bigger than a couple of people, don't worry, we'll know about it," he said. "Well, I guess they didn't."

Why can't you admit that we had 8 years of peace and prosperity with the last administration, and now we only have trouble and turmoil?

Because it is not true... there were more military deployments/actions during the Clinton years than in any other administration since Vietnam... all while his administration shrunk the DoD budget to near crippling levels.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

No clinton was more entertaining. Bush is doing a fine job, and he knows what "is" is.

Be serious to become a president you have to be a lying, cheating, backstabbing scumbag.

You can argue about parties all you want but I for one am not fooled one bit by either side. I know the government is out to get me regardless of party and that they are only beholden to the people that fill their campaign coffers.

Now you can continue on with your pointless debate

Why can't we just devide the country and give the right wingers Orange Country to live in? There would be enough room for you narrowminded people in that area. Let the rest of us enjoy a better economy and a peaceful existance.

nah lets push both of you nutters off to the sides and let those of us who wish to live our own lives without anyone else telling us what is best, have the run of the country..the way we used to before all you pale faces showed up with your beads and whiskey;)

takes tounge out of cheek

Do you think that celebrities who DO support the suffer a backlash for their vocal stance?

No because you are such a small part (less than 30%) of the nation.

And it seems to me that the people of Iraq are not establishing a government ... the USA is installing a government ...

NO the US is assisting the Iraqi's in establishing a government

I feel sorry for people that feel that way. What are YOU willing to do to change it?

Don't feel sorry for me I have no need for your pity. I can't change it the American voters are too ignorant and self centered to make a change. Add to that the fact that the only people that truly count to politicians are the people that fill their coffers any other show of care is just PR. I just do my best to insulate me and mine from the knuckleheads that run this government. I'm not fool enough to believe in all that you can make a change altruistic BS. I leave that up to people like you that know everything and are here to save us from ourselves.

Dropzone.com.. a parachuting forum........

A thought pops into mind....

A Mind is like a parachute..... it only functions... when it is open.....

Amazon

Support our troops......

But question why the chicken hawks aint out there with weapons.

>Bush has morals?????

I've got a solution to all this yay-Bush, Bush-sucks arguing. Iraq sorely needs a new government; why not get Bush over there for a few years to set things up? Think about the pluses:

-He's comfortable with highly suspicious elections
-No alcohol or cocaine to tempt him to fall off the wagon
-Perfect place for a faith based society
-99% of the Americans there support the war
-No cumbersome bill of rights
-Iraq is easy to pronounce

He could come back in time for the election here. While he's gone, Powell could take over his role as national leader, negotiator and policy setter; much of the world already sees him that way. Cheney could continue to do most of the actual work.

I maybe to the Right, but I read from different sources for, if nothing else, entertainment purposes. :ph34r:

Then we see eye to eye;) i do the same (that's how i knew the slant...lol) Different opinions same methodology, my favorite! Don't take this the wrong way....Peace!:)
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

I like Clinton's financial policies (reduce the national debt) better than Reagan's anyway, but some things really aren't due to the president.

Wait a second. after the Reagans tax cut guess what happened. the amount of tax collected doubled. But the democratic congress spent it faster than it could be collected. Give me a few and I'll post the figures.

The National Debt quintupled during the Reagan years. It's easy to appear prosperous when all you do is borrow someone else's money and expect your children to pay it back.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.