bodypilot90

Anti-War Celebrities May Face Backlash

"I met you at JC Pennys. I think your name tag said Jenny. I cold step to you with a fresh pack of gum and somehow I knew you were looking for some"

HEY SNOWFLAKE!!!! Wake up man you're typing in your sleep again.:P:P:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

So if Michael Bolton (that no talent ass-clown) opposed the war, you'd stop buying his music?

Saw about a 30 second clip of Madonna's "controversial" video this morning... people need to lighten up. People are uptight, overly sensitive, and take things literally when they get all emotional.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

HEY SNOWFLAKE!!!! Wake up man you're typing in your sleep again.

Yawn....I'm awake but someone has to "Stop Making Sense" around here and I'm just the man for the job:P

True, true.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY SNOWFLAKE!!!! Wake up man you're typing in your sleep again.

Yawn....I'm awake but someone has to "Stop Making Sense" around here and I'm just the man for the job

True, true.

SO where was I ....ohhh yea

"Authority figures messing up my life cause president Bush cant fu*k his wife. You need to fuck more bitch less. I need to fuck more bitch less....LESS LESS LESS!!!"

Sometimes the music takes you exactly where ya wanna go:ph34r:

This is insane. They voiced their opinion, which is their right to do so (our troops defend this right with their lives). Last time I checked, we haven't changed our policy on Iraq because of anything Tim Robbins has said. Is Joe McCarthy still out there? I watched Robbins on C-Span on Tuesday from the National Press Club and it was the most educated discussion about politics and war I have heard in the last couple of years - I have a vast amount of respect for this guy now. Try to find the transcripts online - it should be a very good read. I find it interesting that Robbins specifically pointed out Fox in his speech and criticized their ethics, and here they are writing up an article like this. I will make sure to fully support those that spoke against the war with my money, even if I didn't agree with what they said.

It's America people. Lighten up - allow those that disagree with you to say what they want. But don't treat them as un-American because they do so.

Also, I know for a fact that Rush Limbaugh spent all 8 years of Clinton's time in office doing NOTHING but using his daily 4-hour talk show to make fun of the President and try to rally the country against him. He also did this when Clinton went into Kosovo. Why wasn't FoxNews, et all trying to lynch him when this happened? Guess that the former administration didn't push the media into lamblasting those that exercise their rights. FoxNews is the biggest mouthpiece I have seen for an administration in some time and I have ZERO journalistic respect for that company now.

Did you know that Ari has kicked a reporter out of the White House because she asked if showing the prisoners of war in Cuba on TV didn't violate the Geneva Convention on the same day he claimed that Iraq was in violation of such a thing.

You can be anti-war and pro-troops all in the same breath.

Now, let me ask you this: You think our Congress is pro-troops? You would think so - after all they passed a resolution on Tuesday voicing their support (tax dollars in action). Then later on that day, they passed a cut in benefits for all the military, esp for those that received extra benefits for wartime service. Nice huh? Wonder why Fox didn't report that?

Support our troops!!! Support our producers of Land Mines. Since the US did not sign the International Land Mine ban, our troops will have their limbs ripped off by our land mines. In effect - support our surgeons!!! Let them make clean amputations of out troops limbs and cleanly extract our shrapnel from our troops bodies. War is good - it envigorates the economy:)

jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

In his speech to the Washington Press Club the other day, Robbins whined about his so-called "free-speech rights" and how they were being infringed because the Baseball Hall of Fame decided to cancel the "Bull Durham" event.

That asshole just doesn't get it.

He has a right to beat his chest and holler all he wants, but he's forgetting that we the people also reserve the right not to listen to him, and not to provide any pulpits where he can do his silly chest-beating.

If he feels so strongly, he can buy commercial airtime, take out full-page ads in the New York Times, go on Oprah, Larry King, etc. etc., etc.

He's not being muzzled, but he's so totally wrapped up in himself and how fucking important he is that he's totally Hollyweirded out. The best thing we can do is to ridicule him, which he deserves (and if he's a man, he can take it, as well as dish it out), and then ignore him completely.

He and Michael Moore are cut from the same cloth. They demand the "right" to stir up shit, then cry when some of it spatters on them. Pussies!
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Since the US did not sign the International Land Mine ban, our troops will have their limbs ripped off by our land mines

Yeah, that made a HUGE difference in the world, land mines are no longer used, except the evil US uses it them all in their own country...wait, I have that reversed, we don't tend to use them and everyone else does...right, that's why the International Land Mine Ban was worth a crap, because no body listened.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Dave...we might not use them a lot, but we sure as hell are the world's biggest exporter of land mines. And if you ask, yes Iraq used our land mines too. Wonder how they got there?:)

jraf

Muff #3275

Yeah, they got there do to our support during the Iran/Iraq war. Sucks that our willingness to help short sites us sometimes, but it happens.

The point of my previous sarcasm was, no matter what we do about land mines, they will continue to be used. The 2nd biggest exporter of land mines (Russia) will step up and take our place, our economy will take a dent for it and land mines will continue to plague the world. So a "ban" would be just about as useful as the UN, sure it sounds good, means good, but has no backbone to actually do anything useful.

There is a saying..... " I may not aggree with your point of view.... But I will defend to the death your right to have that view and express it."

This is America.. I serverd in the Armed forces of my country.... and I expect people here to voice thier opinions.. no matter how much I may disagree with them. This is what we have fought for... this is our right... the freedom of free speech.

If the far right does not like this.. perhaps they need to reread the lessons from civics classes... the Bill of Rights..... the Constitution.... And Mr Ashcroft needs to read them most of all. He is the successor to Mr McCarthy.

Andmy advise to the far left... we really do not have to listen to your idiotic views..... which is my right.....>:( My take on freespeech.. which I have felt compelled to do

Amazon

I think we could take the higher moral ground and say we support the ban, and refused to export mines. No, it won't change anything, but at least we'll know that the toe-poppers, etc. buried throughout the Third World won't have "Made in USA" stamped on them. [:/]

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Bullseye Dave - that is what I was aiming at. It's all about economic interests. Nobody in the White House gives didley squat about Iraqui freedom. Neither do I.

I oppose this war because it gives us short term economic gain but will unleash a real long term heap of troubles that will affect my everyday life. Iraq? Like I give a damn.
jraf

Muff #3275

I oppose this war because it gives us short term economic gain but will unleash a real long term heap of troubles that will affect my everyday life

I disagree with you, but I can't expound, I'm walking out the door for class...:S

These people and ALL of the anti-war protesters
do nothing but PROTEST..they only exercise their privelge to "protest" because they live in a country
they they are able to do such.
Other than that they are weaklings, not to be trusted
and are no friends of mine..That includes some(possibly most) of the people who post here that support them.In times like this and probably from now on, people are gonna evaluate others more closely in regards to what they say, support, not support and do.( oh, yeah..and what they smoke,too)
Gary Calhoun

This is insane. They voiced their opinion, which is their right to do so (our troops defend this right with their lives) I will make sure to fully support those that spoke against the war with my money, even if I didn't agree with all of what some of them said.

as WE have the right not to buy attend or endose anything they do. To each their own. But I have a feeling some of "your Buddies" will be looking for work at the car was soon.

Also, I know for a fact that Rush Limbaugh spent all 8 years of Clinton's time in office doing NOTHING but using his daily 4-hour talk show to make fun of the President and try to rally the country against him.***

By what you just said I know you never heard over 2 programs. Clinton was a very smart man, however he lacked morals and Rush rightly called him on it.

***Guess that the former administration didn't push the media into lamblasting those that exercise their rights.

isn't that what the Cinton News Network is for.

FoxNews is the biggest mouthpiece I have seen for an administration in some time and I have ZERO journalistic respect for that company now.

sorry for you, they are one of the most balanced news networks to date.

***You can be anti-war and pro-troops all in the same breath. ***

I don't think so. You antiwar ppl have got it all wrong.

1) I heard about the tens of thousands of deaths from the war........Where are they?

2) It will be just like 'Nam.....Where? I see us being greeted as liberators. It must have angered you to see Bush's pic being kissed in Iraq, Funny no SH's Pic's being kissed.

3) it's all about oil.....We could have took over Iraq in 3 hours with bombing runs and lost o troops. It was about oil for the french, germans and others

4) We will pay the price for invading Iraq at home.... IN truth we would have paid the price at home if we had not. all of a sudden Iran wants to be our friend, N korea is backing down.....

Nope. I won't resist. I'm too weak ;). What exactly did the pro-war folks who made jokes about the French do that was helpful? Agree with you? Agree with the President? Put a flag on their car that they allowed to get all raggedy? Smoke cigarettes and whine about their "rights as smokers?"

I think I can live without your trust.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)