Dougjumper

C152 Landing on I-40 going to Knoxville.

Did anyone see or hear of the landing a Student made while leaving Murfreesboro Municipal going to Knoxville and ran out of gas and had to set it down on the Interstate 40. What a Goof..:S
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

Did anyone see or hear of the landing a Student made while leaving Murfreesboro Municipal going to Knoxville and ran out of gas and had to set it down on the Interstate 40. What a Goof..:S

Is this related to skydiving?

Chris

Be nice. Don't make me have you sit in your cockpit for timeout.

:):oB|;) He's sitting at a light on the off ramp,,, and he asks the guy next to him if it's OK to
turn in front of him....:PB|;) Crack Me UP !!!!....

" Hey dude!! you do that on the real thing and you're gonna bounce!!!!"
" Hey Man,,, Ya mind if I 'fire one up'..."?
" Tuck and Cover Tuck and Cover".
.............." AAAAAAArrrrrcccchhhhhh!!!! ".......

Is this related to skydiving?

Chris

Be nice. Don't make me have you sit in your cockpit for timeout.

Hey, this was posted in Incidents forum first. That's why I posted what I did. It did matter there. It doesn't matter now. So, disregard my post please. I really wish moved posts told you that they were moved to a particular forum because some posts don't make sense afterwards.

Oh and..... :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

One of my students in based in Knoxville, and was going to this same breakfast. He told me ATC informed him of other traffic in the area and said "he appears to be landing". He later figured out that this was the plane that landed on the highway, without fuel, and with no communication to ATC.

This is true. I've been on that interstate and think I-40 from Memphis to Knoxville is the most boring stretch of interstate in the US - and I've been on most of them. Though a bit of the inconvenience, the drivers should thank the pilot for saving them from boredom.

cheeseburgers,

Vinny the Anvil
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

This is true. I've been on that interstate and think I-40 from Memphis to Knoxville is the most boring stretch of interstate in the US - and I've been on most of them. Though a bit of the inconvenience, the drivers should thank the pilot for saving them from boredom.

Ahhhh but there's lots to do if you go off of the exits.....Knoxville is a very cool townB|

You sir, have never traveled I-10 between San Antonio and El Paso. That's 10 hours of pure driving hell. Atleast you can do 100 and no one notices. Hell, last time I drove it, I was doing 80mph and trucks (big rigs) were passing me...:o

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You sir, have never traveled I-10 between San Antonio and El Paso. That's 10 hours of pure driving hell. Atleast you can do 100 and no one notices. Hell, last time I drove it, I was doing 80mph and trucks (big rigs) were passing me...:o

Actually dave it's only bad after you get out of Kerrville, THEN it sucks:P

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Hey michael..Sure thing we have good weather ahead..and man..Tullahoma is just good and open so never a problem with landing...So yea..we will have to hook up and make some jumps...DougB|

The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

Yea, thats true. I dont know why they had to pave right in front of the jump shack and put those new hangers in the way. I think chris said he is moving the student landing area were the DC3 is parked in the grass. Darn ole DC3 has been there for 3 years with one engine gone..man..it was a fun jumpbird but ..hey better than a cessna but just couldnt keep the loads full enough. That plane is full of history..man..see ya..DougB|