uberchris

pc and d-bag

disclaimer: yes, of course i will clear everything with my rigger before jumping any new gear or configuration.........
just curious how this works though

lets say you buy a used canopy that comes with only the canopy and links....... assuming that you purchase the correct size pilot chute and d-bag for the size of canopy that you bought, will any generic collapsible pilot chute and d-bag combo work, or do you need to order one specifically from the makers of your container?

im getting a used sabre1 as my wingsuit canopy, and it only comes with risers and links.......

thank you
chris
gravity brings me down.........

Lee said it first, but pilot chute and deployment bag are usually considered part of the container. Risers and toggles are too. And so are reserve toggles, freebag/reserve bridle and reserve pilot chute
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

thank you guys, thats what i thought......

ill order a d-bag and PC from RI............

do they have different sized d-bags for different sized canopies, or do the stock d-bags fit a pretty decent range of sizes of canopy?
gravity brings me down.........

thank you guys, thats what i thought......

ill order a d-bag and PC from RI............

do they have different sized d-bags for different sized canopies, or do the stock d-bags fit a pretty decent range of sizes of canopy?

The D-bag is sized to the container.
If the canopy is sized properly to fit the container, it will fit the bag.

Edit to add: Have the serial number of your container handy when you order. If you give them that, you'll get the right bag.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

it warms my rigger heart to know that guys are asking the right questions (as opposed to going out and blindly buying pieces and parts), getting sage advice (as opposed to getting bashed), and sounding like they truly appreciate it. there's hope for us yet.

ken

it warms my rigger heart to know that guys are asking the right questions (as opposed to going out and blindly buying pieces and parts), getting sage advice (as opposed to getting bashed), and sounding like they truly appreciate it. there's hope for us yet.

ken

+1

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Mini-ring risers are generally interchangeable (rsl can be an issue), although often considered part of the container they won't always be included in a container sale. Same deal with throw-out pilot chutes, not really rig specific. I assume you are getting a pilot chute with a bridle appropriate for wingsuiting.

Reserve toggles, freebag, pilot chute are rig-specific and are included with the rig.

Main d-bag is generally considered rig-specific but can be a variable, it is nearly always included with a rig. Bag is sized and shaped for the container and the combination is meant to hold a limited range of canopy sizes.

Congrats on the choice of discipline and canopy, wingsuits and old Sabres are a great combo.

BTW riggers are occasionally good for more than just reserve repacks, the information they dispense is often proportional to the amount of alcohol you provide.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............