EppyNephrine

Videographers & Skyhooks

I don't own a Skyhook so that is the main reason. I did however have my RSL removed and disconnect my RSL if I jump a borrowed rig when using a camera helmet.

I jump several Talon rigs, several canopies with WL between 1.1 and 1.5, and a top mount dual camera on a BH Mantle with over 1200 jumps and 500 camera jumps.
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

no.

rsl.......no

camera people DO have the benefit of being able to Pull...at a greater altitude than most.

Tandem or AFF.. especially if late in the exit order, we'll be opening higher, just to "get back", and once the dive is over...i'm deploying..:)
i learned a long time ago that trading altitude for 3 or 4 or 5 more seconds of freefall isn't sensible.:|

Fun jumps. with camera....?? take the center, and especially on dives where everyone is IN... i.e. there are No Unknowns... ( where the heck IS everyone? ) and Pull.
Only exception... when CERTAIN groups of 4 way.... in their exhuberence BUST seperation alt... [:/]
THEN i Still PULL around 3 grand and i give them some well meaning GRIEF,, when we land.>:(

Jav
PD Spectre
top mount. video and still,,,,, side by side.
3,237 jumps. maybe 1,500 with cameras.

B|

Nearly 12,000 jumps.
More than 2500 video.
No RSL for the first 13 years.
Added a Skyhook RSL this year on the new rig.
Decided that I was going to add an RSL so I set a good example for new skydivers. I've trained 100's of students and feel that when they asked about gear choices I need to be "walking the talk" a bit more.
It just happened that I purchased a Javelin this year so the SkyHook became an option. Very happy with it. :-)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Jumping any rsl with stuff on your hat is foolish. What does the sky hook do to make sure you are clear or your malfunctioning main before activating your reserve?

4.5k with cameras half were with side and top. Other half all top.
Javelins

Edit to add info.