jerolim

New MARD idea

Hi Riggers,

Here is my MARD concept. Idea is to have break thread that decides if main will or will not attach to reserve bridle.

Photos are in attachment. Prototype is old centaurus rig. I don't have a freebag for it, and many parts are built from wrong materials, as I don't have right tools and materials, but idea can be shown anyway.

Regarding second hole on bridle that is used to break 20 kilo thread (knife should be used here look at picture option2.jpg), in case when reserve PC is doing deployment.
In case there is a knife in second hole reserve PC has almost no additional force added.

It is there in case of a bag lock, if it doesn't have enough force to break thread, once reseve PC lauches, bridle/knife must break thread - to release main.

System should fail if force is over 200 kilos, because it will cause a line dump of reserve lines.

Skylock hole, must be near center of reserve bridle, but it must not allow reserve PC to touch reserve lines.

Also I would suggest "Staging loop" in case reserve is opened after main.

System uses colins lanyard for dumping secondary riser.

Please, share your questions and comments.

System uses colins lanyard for dumping secondary riser

Patent infringement ;)?

No, but now that he's openly published it, he'd better scamper off to the patent office pretty quick, before someone lifts it and does so before him, if he wants to keep ownership of his own intellectual property.*

(*Assuming the concept hasn't already been patented by someone else...)

... now that he's openly published it, he'd better scamper off to the patent office pretty quick, before someone lifts it and does so before him, if he wants to keep ownership of his own intellectual property.

In the US he has a year to file after publication. (But international rights are lost if he hadn't already filed). If anyone "lifts" his idea from here and tries to patent it, their attempt will fail because they didn't "invent" it.

So can it be proven the purloiner didn't independently invent it? That's exactlyvthe stuff of which jury trials in patent infringement lawsuits are made. If alive, Edison, Bell, Ford and the Wrights would all attest to that.

System uses colins lanyard for dumping secondary riser

Patent infringement ;)?

No, but now that he's openly published it, he'd better scamper off to the patent office pretty quick, before someone lifts it and does so before him, if he wants to keep ownership of his own intellectual property.*

(*Assuming the concept hasn't already been patented by someone else...)

The instant you put something in the public domain you lose the ability to Patent it in Europe (unless you have already filed an application). It can be a couple of years between filing and publication in Europe so just because there isn't a patent, doesn't mean that he hasn't applied.

Of course in the US the patent laws are screwed up - even the peanut butter sandwich got patented about 10 years ago[:/]
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I don't want any patent rights or money from potential user/implementer of this idea. I just want to us to have more advanced gear on our backs. I personally think that this concept is good, and I would like to have it on my back someday. With this system you should be sure that you can cutaway from 600 ft in case of entanglement, as with skyhook you have 90 % chance to live from this situation.
If any manufacturer decides to use this idea, I hope that I will get one harness/container for free :P

I don't want any patent rights or money

Well, this is a good way to assure that.

I just want to us to have more advanced gear on our backs.

If you were to have the patent on the intellectual property, then you could control the marketing agenda, and make your invention as widely available as you chose. But if you publish it without having patented it, and then someone else pinches it and patents it on their own (in a country that permits it), they would gain a good deal of exclusive control over the invention, and could restrict its availability for their own profit.

But, it's your choice.

too complex. the more complex something is the greater the chance that a)something will go wrong or b) someone will screw it up. K.I.S.S.

Crazy shit happens in the course of a deployment. Things happen VERY quickly with VERY high forces, and this is another reason to keep it simple.

Take the main-pin-through-the-bridle malfunctions we've seen. Who ever would have thought that the blunt, rounded end of a pin could stab through two layers of bridle?