AdamWirtz2001

Fading Rig Colors?

Hello,

So, I recently obtained a new Infinity with neon green making up a large part of the color scheme. I saw a friends rig recently which is only about a year old and the tape around the edges has faded drastically. Perhaps sunbleached?

Any tips to prevent excessive fade? Should I just cover my rig whenever it is not on my back? hide it in a suitcase or bag when its at home?

Is there anything that can be done to renew the colors later? Is it safe to dye the fabric? Or is having a faded rig inevitable?

Thanks!

Perhaps sunbleached? Yes.
Any tips to prevent excessive fade? Keep it out of direct sunlight as much as possible.
Should I just cover my rig whenever it is not on my back? Yes.
Hide it in a suitcase or bag when its at home? Keep it out of direct sunlight.
Is there anything that can be done to renew the colors later? No.
Is it safe to dye the fabric? No.
Or is having a faded rig inevitable? Yes.

Neons are notorious for fading. I'm not sure if it's because the colors themselves actually fade more, or if it's because the fading is just that much more noticeable because of the initial brightness of the color (I'm sure someone knows that answer, but I don't). Your best bet is to keep the rig out of direct sunlight as much as possible by keeping it inside or covered when you're not actively using it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Your best bet is to keep the rig out of direct sunlight as much as possible by keeping it inside or covered when you're not actively using it.

Yup. And accept that no matter how careful you are, it's still going to fade.

Your best bet is to keep the rig out of direct sunlight as much as possible by keeping it inside or covered when you're not actively using it.

A worn, faded (yet well maintained) rig means one thing: you've been jumping a lot ;)
Remster

Neons are notorious for fading. I'm not sure if it's because the colors themselves actually fade more, or if it's because the fading is just that much more noticeable because of the initial brightness of the color (I'm sure someone knows that answer, but I don't). Your best bet is to keep the rig out of direct sunlight as much as possible by keeping it inside or covered when you're not actively using it.

when i've ordered my rig, i was told by the manufacturer specifically that neon colors would fade VERY quickly. i went with standard colors instead..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

A worn, faded (yet well maintained) rig means one thing: you've been jumping a lot ;)

In that case, I hope my rig is extremely faded in the near future. :ph34r:

It all depends on how well it's been maintained. Going off what I was told when I bought my used Wings, the initial owner put 1800 jumps on it, 2nd owner put 200, and I've put 150 on it. ~2150 jumps and it looks like it's only got a few hundred because it's been packed inside and on a mat for the majority of its life.

Hello,

So, I recently obtained a new Infinity with neon green making up a large part of the color scheme.

Any tips to prevent excessive fade?

No. The sooner the better. For the common good. ;)
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

Probably noticed it(began to fade) after around 1yr and 200 jumps ish

Now at 500 jumps in 2 yrs (purchased rig in March 2010 new) this is what it looks like, and I always pack in the shade and keep in in my closet when not in use and also scotchguarded it when I after I bought it.

Top right corner vs the rest since that tid bit is always covered by the riser covers

All neon fabric will fade, but looks amazing initially! lol
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp