imfromwales

Slider Locks

I am thinking about getting something similar done, asI have a Wings container and dont think I can fit a skytie, due to how the reserve flap is?

You can..
But because you have to attach it under the reserve flap you are "messing with the reserve".
I think your rigger won't like it.
But just cut the elastic and loop it under the flap, and hand tack it.

But if you want to remain friend with your rigger you could ask him to stitch it on to the top of the rigg instead.

NEVER do ANY sewing or rigging on a closed parachute! People have died doing that!

There is a REASON we don't want people, especially newbies, 'messing' with their reserve.

A sky tie could be added during a repack, if the rigger choose to do so.

Leave the rigging advice to the riggers please.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I am thinking about getting something similar done, asI have a Wings container and dont think I can fit a skytie, due to how the reserve flap is?

You can..
But because you have to attach it under the reserve flap you are "messing with the reserve".

But if you want to remain friend with your rigger you could ask him to stitch it on to the top of the rigg instead.

Listen to Terry, I was just about to post the same thing he said when I scrolled down and saw he said it.

I'd MUCH rather someone ask me to install it during a repack than to find someone tacked one down afterwords.[:/]
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Thats exactly why i asked here guys, to find out if there were any slider lock designs that i could discuss with my rigger, apart from the ones ive stated. Id rather not get a skytie put on my reserve, just looking into getting locks but on my risers.

I would never attempt to modify my rig at all in any way, i know you didnt know that so your responses are expected :)

You can..

Listen to Terry, I was just about to post the same thing he said when I scrolled down and saw he said it.

I'd MUCH rather someone ask me to install it during a repack than to find someone tacked one down afterwords.[:/]

Is that not what I said too? >:(

I have tried both. If you're looking for something quick/easy, then Brian's style works great. Depending on your rig style, the ends might not hide under the riser covers and look a little odd.

Last season I bought a new pair of RWS Trulock toggles from ChutingStar, and had them put their style S-Locks on them. They work just as well, and are nice as they are hidden between the risers, and I could get them in the same color as my new risers. Overall, I prefer to Brian's style purely from a fashion point of view.