yeshniamhmcc

Small containers

Hi all. I'm in the sport since november 11' and am already on the lookout for gear. I'm about 4ft5, 45kg and am looking into custom made containers. As I'm so new to the sport I have no idea about all the gear! Am planning on buying a sabre 135 so the container will be fitting anything down from that size. Wondering if any of you had advice on what brand to get maybe? Keeping in mind i'm a broke college girl!! (: Thanks.

Wish you the best of luck in finding a H/C used for someone your size. The possibility of getting one re-sized smaller to fit is possible but the cost might be preventative. If your budget can handle it that is an option or you could also look into a Shadow Racer. Probably the least expensive new container on the market. You can contact me directly by PM if you wish to get more info on the Shadow Racer. Again I wish you the best of luck I hope you find something that fits you well. There are many H/C options available to you, and any Master Rigger or the manufacturer could modify anything you think would be a close fit. I would contact the manufacturer of whatever container you're looking at and get an idea of the cost to modify the harness to fit. There are plenty of containers in the classifieds to fit the size canopies you're looking at but again most of them are on average sized for someone 5'7"-6'0" and 150-190 lbs. So these are the obstacles you're looking at to get a container that fits both you and your canopies properly.
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

Your profile says 10jumps.....Sabre135?
Small containers looks cool, but can you fly small containers, and smaller as you said.

With your size, you would probably battle to find a rig that fits. So test jump and fit before you buy second hand. If you buy new, I would recommend, get 100jumps odd at least, you will then know your skills level a lot better, and also if you really wanna go so much smaller.
Good luck in your search.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Im on static line at the moment just got progressed to free fall. Im on a 170 and its still a way big canopy on me. I plan on the 135 as it will be a 1to1 wing load but don't plan on jumping it for a while, will be borrowing a friends 150 at first!! Ive found a few dealers on my drop zone who hopefully will be able to advise on container sizes and all that anyway but it will be months before id consider downsizing to the 135! Just planning ahead! (: Thanks anyway! :D