shah269

Reverse S fold packing method

I'm very sorry I saw the thread last week and can't seem to find it now.
However I would like to say that it works very well for those of us are jumping large canopies such as my 210 Triathlon.
The material handling was much easier. Thank you for whoever put it up and for whoever included the link to the web page that demonstrated how it was done.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

can you explain it?
for tandems (big canopies):
I always grab the area near the slider with my hand underhanded and grab with other hand underhanded 3/4 way up the canopy, then make first fold with slider hand then second fold with other hand over that fold. Then smash down the top with my chest while controlling spillage with my right knee. Then place left knee on top of canopy and slide dbag under canopy assymetrically then slide other side of canopy into squaring up the canopy in the dbag. Then sit dbag up controlling it by straddling it with my knees and kinda gently jerk the dbag up to complete the canopy sliding down into it while pushing any loose fabric down and in.

edit - controlling large canopies is really all about knee placement, you can totally control a canopy once it is folded by your knees (hands free so that you can position dbag). A lot of people really lose the canopy here because they either squash too hard (really bad for slippery canopies) or they just dont utilize their knees the right way. You gotta really hump that canopy the whole way through.

However I would like to say that it works very well for those of us are jumping large canopies such as my 210 Triathlon.
The material handling was much easier. Thank you for whoever put it up and for whoever included the link to the web page that demonstrated how it was done.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4299954;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

Well most people seem to mump 150sqft or smaller....so as a guy who likes to jump 1:1 I need a 200+sqft wing. So compared to 150sqft my 210 is on the larger side.
I'm sorry I've been looking for the thread but can't seem to find it. However it is a simple procedure where the top of the canopy is folded first, placed into the d bag and then the lower part containing the slider is folded and slid in. It's rather smart and very cool.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4299954;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Thank you thank you thank you
http://www.sidsrigging.com/articles/greed.htm
This was it and I packed my 210 in under 20 min.
I was very impressed.

just make sure while you're messing around with that top part you are controlling the slider and not allowing it to creep anywhere. Slider control is probably most important part for opening speed. Introducing some creep in between the slider and the canopy will cause a very harsh deployment that can actually damage the canopy and your body!

I like my method because my hands or knees never leave the slider once I am getting the air out to get it sized up for the dbag.

but whatever works for you!

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!
This n00b was able to pack his 220 Tri in under 15min last night using the reverse S fold.
Getting the larger mass of material into the bag makes things so much easier! What a great idea!