Juz

Catcrap Or Similar?

Hi All,

Did my first jumps with a full face this weekend (2nd hand Oxygn) and liked it a lot, very comfy. It did fog up badly though (as did the different FF helmets on the other jumpers) which made for some 'amusing' docking.

A Forum search brings back 'catcrap' but I can only see it from ebay US currently, anyone know of a UK supply? I was also going to try motobike antifog - is there any reason I shouldn't?

Lastly, any other products worth looking at?

Cheers

Juz

Dish washing detergent. A couple drops smear around, let dry, buff with soft cloth. Never any paper products, they scratch plastic. Spit will do in a pinch too.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

I've found people who clean the inside of their mask have less fogging issues. there is some science behind this and you can read about it on commercial products websites.

if your going to use regular soap, like dish soap, i'd recommend Johnson's baby shampoo instead. this way if you get it in yours eyes less chance of it burning. My buddies and i use that for our masks. Scuba and Skydiving both. much cheaper than commercial products and seems to work fine.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

An open faced helmet, with goggles you can replace for $15.00. What a concept.
The only problem is you will not look cool and groovy. [:/]

I personally don't wear my full-face to look cool & groovy. I wear it to protect my face, and it also has a nice side benefit of improving my sinuses (particularly in the tunnel, but also in freefall). It's also warmer in the winter.

As for cleaning, for some brands, even a soft cloth isn't good. Soap and water, rub it in with your fingers and rinse off and allow to air dry.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hi All,

Did my first jumps with a full face this weekend (2nd hand Oxygn) and liked it a lot, very comfy. It did fog up badly though (as did the different FF helmets on the other jumpers) which made for some 'amusing' docking.

A Forum search brings back 'catcrap' but I can only see it from ebay US currently, anyone know of a UK supply? I was also going to try motobike antifog - is there any reason I shouldn't?

Lastly, any other products worth looking at?

Cheers

Juz

[url"http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANTI-FOG-SPRAY-antifog-scuba-mask-goggles-Mikes-Diving-/290486957132?pt=UK_SportingGoods_MasksSnorkels_Flippers_SM&hash=item43a25f344c"]ANTI FOG SPRAY antifog scuba mask goggles Mikes Diving[/url]

I personally don't wear my full-face to look cool & groovy. I wear it to protect my face, and it also has a nice side benefit of improving my sinuses (particularly in the tunnel, but also in freefall). It's also warmer in the winter.

As for cleaning, for some brands, even a soft cloth isn't good. Soap and water, rub it in with your fingers and rinse off and allow to air dry.

I'm so sick of wind burn... I only wear open face helmets these days for video and tandems. I even wear a fullface on hop and pops.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I personally don't wear my full-face to look cool & groovy. I wear it to protect my face

This. It really isn't rocket surgery.

I'm curious, why the assumption that the OP is wearing a full-face only to look "cool and groovy"?

To be honest, I don't really see why I want to wear a FF helmet matters, I asked about how to keep it 'unfogged', not for a critique on my kit choice.

What's next, someone telling me that my Bevsuit is crap (it's not, it's fab and I love it), that I need a digital alti rather than my analogue or that my Spectre190 only has 7 cells (oh no!!! Really!).

But, I don't want to appear ungrateful, so, I want to wear a FF helmet because I suffer really badly from wind burn and chapped lips after a days jumping. By the end of the weekend it can get quite painful even with the use of chap stick and moisturiser.

Thanks for the tips that talk to my original question though.

Blue Skies

Juz

Rainx antifog wipes, I life in florida and swear by them. Re apply once a month and you are good to go. They got em at walmart

What helmet lens are you using them on?

I was wondering that too...I thought you weren't supposed to use rainx on plastic?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

To Juz.

I assume your last post was not directed at me.

I agree with you about people who feel it neccessary to criticize people instead of offering anything useful.

I jump a full face and was wondering what lens the Rainx was being used on.

As said before I use Fogtech wipes.

Just a suggestion.... try to hit reply on the post you want to address or start with a To: such as I did on this post.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Rainx antifog wipes, I life in florida and swear by them. Re apply once a month and you are good to go. They got em at walmart

I was wondering that too...I thought you weren't supposed to use rainx on plastic?

How rainx would help if you have the fog or frost inside?

Cookie gas1, you apply it to the inside of the lense, let it dry, then polish it with a cloth, I use microfiber. I've been using it for a couple years and havnt had a problem.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121