padraigbrowne

MARS M2 AAD

The factory failed to install one in the cutter head. There is no way for a rigger to inspect to verify that a cutter is installed so you are taking the factory at their word that they inspected it via X-Ray to verify it was installed correctly.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone

The factory failed to install one in the cutter head. There is no way for a rigger to inspect to verify that a cutter is installed so you are taking the factory at their word that they inspected it via X-Ray to verify it was installed correctly.

It is possible for the rigger to verify the presence of a cutter, as Vigil specified that riggers should do through the magnet testtest: http://www.vigil.aero/wp-content/uploads/roduct_Service_Bulletin_-_PSB_8_-_2011-10-20.pdf

I do agree that the failure was on the factory, not the rigger.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

PhreeZone

Thanks Eric, I wasn't aware of that. Yea, I guess that would be on the AAD.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

DarrinH

How have you guys who purchased it liked it so far?

I switch it on, and I've never had to use it. It hasn't malfunctioned on me. I like mine just as much as I like the Vigil in my other rig and the Cypres I've used in the past.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

Bumping an old thread, but an fyi: the m2 is approved for use in the SWS Fire but not approved in the Thomas Sports Teardrop. I believe the latter is due to no testing being done.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).