Hausse

How much will an A-License cost me?

Figured I'd say something useful. $1400 and counting. That includes three tandems, three AFF's, helmet, goggles, alti, and log-book.

So at $175 times 4 more AFF's (provided I don't repeat) I'll be at $2100.00.

For A license I will need 5 coach jumps at $80.00 a piece, plus rig rental of $60.00 per day. Lets say I somehow accomplish this in one day.........$2560.00. That gets me to 15 jumps. I need ten more.

Lets say I do them in two days. Rig rental-$120.00 plus 10 jumps times $22.00 each.

Grand Total-$2900. Now I need my own rig.

My motorcycle was ten grand, skydiving is a bargain, sort of.

training for A plus newish rig with AAD puts you around 7k, the price of a nicer 600 or a UJM style liter bike. Fairly comparable choices for recreational pursuits. Both can choose to spend a lot more, of course.

Thanks for all your answers. I'm at the moment in Missouri that's why it took me a little longer to reply.

I'm seriously thinking about driving to Wissota for a few days since they are a lot cheaper than everybody else. How fast can I do my 25 jumps?

I'm usually off on Friday so I could easyly take 3 days time to drive there.

Figured I'd say something useful. $1400 and counting. That includes three tandems, three AFF's, helmet, goggles, alti, and log-book.

So at $175 times 4 more AFF's (provided I don't repeat) I'll be at $2100.00.

For A license I will need 5 coach jumps at $80.00 a piece, plus rig rental of $60.00 per day. Lets say I somehow accomplish this in one day.........$2560.00. That gets me to 15 jumps. I need ten more.

Lets say I do them in two days. Rig rental-$120.00 plus 10 jumps times $22.00 each.

I know what you mean, Im starting the AFF courses and It seems like a bit of cash but I always have to think to myself that I put 10G's on a bike too. But once you get in the sport, its not that costly unless you need to modify!!! Good luck

unfortunately it's not that simple. We here at Skydive Wissota are only open Fri-Sun and Wed. We are a club (www.skydivewissota.org). We do the best we can, but there are to many variables to count when you determine how long it takes to get your A. If you make it out we will do our best to get you through. It generally takes a committed student less then a month to get an A (3 weeks). Give us a call at the DZ after 4 tonight or call me on my cell. I would be more then happy to explain everything I can. I have the day off and will be laying on the beach til about 3 then jumping til sunset. I live on the DZ and the beach is only about 3 miles away. Life is so goood.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

Hey I just came back from Missouri (15 hours of driving) and I would love driving up to Wisconsin just to see the country (I have never been in that part of the US).

Now the problem is, it will take me about 10 hours so it will be very hard to leave on a Thursday after school and drive back Sunday night and still be fit enough to jump.

But I'm sure there will be some way to make it happen. Labor day would be a good possibility (even though it's coming up very soon and I don't know if you have a course on that Friday) or if that doesn't work I'll just have to skip school for a day;)

Yep, next class is on the 8th at 8am sharp. There's always people around on Friday night so if you want, you can plan to get there Friday night and crash in the clubhouse with all the other non-local jumpers. If you're picky about cleanliness, might want to bring your own blanket/sleep bag and pillow.

Stephan,

You did awesome this weekend!!! I don't know anyone that went from their first jump ever to their first four way in just over 24 hours!! (So much for having people say that AFF is a faster pace than S/L;)). Did you end up with 12 or 13 this weekend?

Let me know that you made it home safely!

Stephan just left my house (hanger on the DZ). He did 13 jumps this weekend:o. I jumpmastered his first, then got stuck doing Tandem Vid and other stuff. I saw him jumping, and talked to the other jumpmasters. They all said he did well. His last jump was a hot 4-way. The average jump number for each person on the jump, including Stephan, was 6,342. His jump also included two world teamers and 8 gold medels in 4-way. I wish I would have been on it (the average would have been higher). I hear it was very good.

This is how it works at my DZ (skydivewissota.org). we all love to jump with the new guy/girl. If you are willing to push it to your max, we will do our best to get you as far as you can go.

Besides jumping, he also learned how to pack a little and spent a bunch of time learning about the rules and regs. We won't let him loose on the skydiving world, until he is ready.

With a good attitude and a lot of skill, Stephan is the ideal student. At the pace he is going, He will be an A licensed jumper in two more weekends like this one. One to make the jumps, and another to learn the little stuff.

This is an extreme pace. Stephan does understand that getting done so quickly will leave him lacking for the finer details in many areas of the sport but he's ready for the continued studies.

Great job Stephan!!

HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

Hey I made it home!
Really good drive. Took me a little over 11h.

Thanks for the awesome weekend to everybody. No doubt the best weekend of my life. Special thanks to Chad who pack a lot of my chutes because I was to busy jumping and to Mary for teaching me all this cool stuff.
Even though I can't compare to other DZ I guess it has to be one of the best since pretty much everything was perfect. They packed me into every load I could get so I could make as many jumps as possible. I ended up doing 5 S/L jumps and 2 free fall on the first day and 6 jumps on the second day finishing with an amazing 4-way.
And next to the jumping I met some of the nicest people I know.

I just watched all the video and I'm already looking forward to drive another 11 hours next weekend to get back to Wissota for more jumps. I just hope the weather will be as good as this weekend.

See you all soon

Stephan

Congrats, dude!

You found out that a measly old 11-hr drive is nothing compared to the good people and vibes at Wissota.
I've never been there, but I have met a few from Wissota and to a man...and woman...they were all great people.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239