imsparticus

fullface helmet with the most rear protection

Hello i like full face helmets but dont like the fact that with most of them the hard shell only goes halfway down the back of the head leaving the main place your skull hits when you fall backwards relatively unprotected obviously to aid fittment. which full faces offer the most protection here, I saw the bonehard revolve in a catalog but havnt seen one in the flesh????????

I used to have a std factory diver with the visor removed that i liked but is now lost in the woods below la moose so unless there are others that offer more protection to the back of the head i will probably just get another one of these, i also saw the cookie gass going cheap on paragear is there much diff between these and the g2,3??

The Revolve does. You can read the review I wrote on it as well as see more pictures of it here in the gear forum. Here is one of the rear of the helmet, it provides the same coverage as your typical open face helmet in the rear since it is designed to be a full and or open face helmet depending on what configuration you need it to be in.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

nevermind - I saw the title of the thread and thought you might be wearing the helmet on the wrong anatomy

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Thanks lou im just a little conserned about the strength of the hinge points vs a normal fullface will it be able to survive basic impacts as well as a regular fullface also some of the carbon helmets seem tobe very thin and crack very easy whilst my factory divers shell wes quiet thick and durable how does this one compare?

Thanks lou im just a little conserned about the strength of the hinge points vs a normal fullface will it be able to survive basic impacts as well as a regular fullface also some of the carbon helmets seem tobe very thin and crack very easy whilst my factory divers shell wes quiet thick and durable how does this one compare?

You see that metal pin in the side shots in the review? Thats the hinge pin that holds the shield to the helmet, I seriously doubt you will break it or the CF helmet very easily through normal use. The helmet is quiet robust and very well made.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING