bootlegtrader

Experience packing Javelin RSK reserves?

My next container is going to be a Javelin RSK, which is sized for a 106 - 120 reserve. I know the pdr113 is a tight fit, but I heard that even a pdr99 is tight. I want an optimum reserve, which packs a size smaller.

FROM EXPERIENCE:
Is a regular pdr99 tight?
Would a 99 or 106 optimum be too loose?

Thank you!
(I pack my own reserve)

I have an RSK.5 with an Optimum 126 and AAD in it. This will be the same reserve tray size as yours. It was definitely a tight fit, had to lengthen the closing loop a bit from factory recommendation. I've been getting the feeling that the Optimums don't actually pack a whole size smaller. I think that's exaggerated a bit. I seriously doubt a PDR99 would be too tight.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

do Optima's come in various sizes now ?

Talk about throwing money around: You'd hope that if someone has actually spent the cash for a top of the line reserve, they would remember its name. It's like saying "My car is a high end SUV from Lexis" or "Audio" or "VMV".

I suspect that Optimum reserves do not "scale" exactly.
The first time I packed an Optimum 253, it "fell" into a container designed for a PD210 reserve.
Yes, the new fabric may pack smaller, but there is less fabric in the smaller sizes.
However, suspension lines and reinforcement tapes do not scale down the same as fabric, ergo, an Optimum 96 probably still has 80 percent as much line and tape bulk as a much larger Optimum.

Thanks a lot guys. I decided to shoot Sun Path an email; I wanted to get non-biased opinions before I did so. I am super excited, this will be my first custom / new rig!

Hi "Leg!!"
Good move!! I'm sure after all this discussion, ya' finally went to the source!! 'Shoulda just done this first!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out