virgin-burner

cookie g3; color options..

anyone have a charcoal or black matte g3!? cant seem to find a pic of the charcoal one, i wonder how it compares to the black matte.. somebody could make a pic for me?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

charcoal is missing on there.. and the matte black looks kinda funny with the shine on it.

i liked the g2 as well, but apparently, it got a lot of shit reviews, from fogging up to developing cracks and the coating on the CF coming off as well..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

My friend has the charcoal, saw it today, it looked nice. I have the matte white with dark visor, so just don't copy my stormtrooper look and were cool.

The fogging is not an issue with me as long as I wait until the door is open before closing the visor and opening it up under canopy.

The two best solutions to fogging 1) Other than for takeoff/initial climb, don't put on your helmet until you're getting ready close to jump run. 2) Don't close the visor till the last practical moment before exit.

I've had a G2 for about a year now and have found that following these two rules keeps fogging either nonexistent or to a bare minimum. That bare minimum will be a tiny bit that creeps in somewhere around breakoff to pull time, and usually only down around my mouth, not really impacting my vision at all. Since I strongly prefer to pop my visor as part of my post-opening housekeeping activities anyway, it's not been an issue at all for me. I should add that I started popping the visor on my previous full-face (a FreeZR2), so my decision to do so is not G2-specific, but more of a personal thing of liking the open field of vision and air under canopy.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Charcoal is more gray than black. I haven't had fogging issues. Close right before my group climbs out, open under canopy.

I think I have pictures here of both (i'm a dealer for Cookie), if I do I can email them to you. Just send me a message with your address or they're on the website
Dream my life, live my dream

charcoal is missing on there.. and the matte black looks kinda funny with the shine on it.

i liked the g2 as well, but apparently, it got a lot of shit reviews, from fogging up to developing cracks and the coating on the CF coming off as well..

it's a Satin black, not a gloss.
Mine is this black
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

it's a Satin black, not a gloss.
Mine is this black

how do you like it overall!? you dont have the tinted lens by any chance? i'd also wonder how dark they are..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

My friend has the charcoal, saw it today, it looked nice. I have the matte white with dark visor, so just don't copy my stormtrooper look and were cool.

The fogging is not an issue with me as long as I wait until the door is open before closing the visor and opening it up under canopy.

how dark is the visor? i wont copy your stormtrooper-look, i'm kinda going for the vader-one myself with "my" color-scheme.. thank god you can get orange anodized visor-plates or i'd be fucked! :P

what's your overall impression of the helmet?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

The two best solutions to fogging 1) Other than for takeoff/initial climb, don't put on your helmet until you're getting ready close to jump run. 2) Don't close the visor till the last practical moment before exit.

I've had a G2 for about a year now and have found that following these two rules keeps fogging either nonexistent or to a bare minimum. That bare minimum will be a tiny bit that creeps in somewhere around breakoff to pull time, and usually only down around my mouth, not really impacting my vision at all. Since I strongly prefer to pop my visor as part of my post-opening housekeeping activities anyway, it's not been an issue at all for me. I should add that I started popping the visor on my previous full-face (a FreeZR2), so my decision to do so is not G2-specific, but more of a personal thing of liking the open field of vision and air under canopy.

the g3 ships standard with two mouthpieces, one larger that should direct your breath right out of the helmet. i think i've read you could order it for the g2 as well, but not sure..

i've always had an open-face, but i'm kinda getting tired of having to buy two flex-googles each season coz the darn thingy comes off all the time. plus, full-faces just look badass! :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Here's my matt black G3. It doesn't fog enough to obscure my vision if I keep the visor open until exit and open it under canopy, even at -35 deg C at altitude. It hasn't developed cracks yet either but then it's not very old. Carbon tends to crack because it isn't flexible but the G3 is ABS plastic so hopefully that's fixed it. They do seem to be on the small side though so try before you buy. For most motorcycle helmets I'm a size L, for the G3 I'm an XXL. They're far from perfect, but they are the best helmets I've tried.

thanks a bunch, very helpful!

i got to try on a g2 last year, it was an M and i really couldnt get my head in.. an XL would probably do the trick, because my head measure 57cm, and that's just borderline from L/XL..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda