TKruger

Question regarding audible canopy alarm

I currently use the G3 Helmet and a Protrack inside as an audible altimeter in addition to the Altimaster Galaxy. I tried to set the Protrack to a low alt say 200 for my final turn, however the alarm is not sounding. I've been told that it's because the Protrack wasn't designed to work that way. This being said does anyone use Both an Optima II and Protrack?

How do you use your digital altimeter?

I currently do use both a Protrack and an Optima II in my helmet. I like how the Protrack keeps the log of jumps, exit alt, speeds, free fall audible alarams, deployment alti and so forth but does not have the low altitude warnings. I guess I could have gone with a Viso on my wrist so that I could see the lower altitude more accurately with some alarams but I went with the Optima. So on both ears I can hear my free fall audibles and then under canopy I can set up my pattern with the audibles from the Optima. May someone else can speak to this but building your visual reference of low altitude with only a beep to verify certain altitudes can keep your eyes free to check references and most importantly keep scanning the skies for other canopies. Any other thoughts on this?

I have an OptimaII and a Viso. The Optima I use for both freefall alarm and swoop alarm, which I am very happy with. The setup for my swoop is so much easier to do thanks to the guide beeps. Before the Optima, I used my Viso for setting it up which also worked, but there's less stress with a swoop alarm because you can keep your eyes on the ground all the time.

Same here... I use and optima and a Protrack. Love the set up but I wish both took the same batteries.... :S

Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Do you really need something to beep in order to know when to turn? The more toys the younger jumpers get, the more they depend on these devices to do the simple basics, like flying and landing their canopy.

Do you really need something to beep in order to know when to turn? The more toys the younger jumpers get, the more they depend on these devices to do the simple basics, like flying and landing their canopy.

Not what I was getting at. I have seen many use the Digital alarms as a back up to the analog alti's out there. I refuse to count on one piece of gear to tell me how high I am, especially since I've had incorrect readings on my analog alti due to various reasons.

Not so much intrested in new toys as you put it. More about being safe.

Riddle me this Mr "I'll provide input and not allow anyone to really know how much knowledge I have." Why no update on your profile? Do you jump? How many alt's do you use? If you don't jump what qualifies you to provide input on this topic?