firemanphil

ALtering a wingsuit

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is possible to have say a logo embroidered on the arm wigs of a wing suit without it interfering with the working of the wings.( or even printed like on t-shirts ) ANd if it is possible any ideas where i should go to to have it done...ie rigger or manufacturer?
cheers :)

You could probably have something silk screened on after construction but embroidery would need to be done before construction. You could have something embroidered on the body or the sleeves though I'm sure.
"As soon as you're born you start dying. So you might as well, have a good time."
-CAKE

I'm crazy not stupid. There is a difference.

Heat transfers can (and have been) be applied after construction. Of the two that I've seen, one had issues at the seams due to inflation stretch, but it still looked pretty good.
Your local thermal transfer printer or silkscreen shop should be able to give you more info.

As mentioned above, embroidery needs to have been done during construction of the suit. it's not at all a small task to tear apart/reconstruct a wing.

Heat transfer ( hadn't thought of that yet ) but silk screening was more what i was leaning towards to anyway as embroidery is physically altering the material and in my thoughts applying a layer of ink isn't deforming or altering the structure thus the way it works.Will be dropping by a printer to do so snooping around.
Last thing i want to do is ruin my wing suit... but thx everyone for your two cents :)