chicagoskydiver

good news

I just wanted to share my good news with everyone....I just found out this morning that I have been accepted at the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University where I will be starting on my MBA this Summer! I feel incredibly honored to be accepted by that very fine institution.:)
Hackey

I just wanted to share my good news with everyone....I just found out this morning that I have been accepted at the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University where I will be starting on my MBA this Summer! I feel incredibly honored to be accepted by that very fine institution.:)

Suck up! hehe :P Gratz Hackey!! You'll soon be making even more money then me!! B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Congratulations! As I said before that is awesome. Kellogg is a great school and you should feel honored to be accepted by them. I felt great when I was accepted to the MBA program at a state university. Best of luck to you!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

But we already have too many MBAs in the world. What we need are people that can actually DO something useful.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Managing cereals?

(come on.. others must have though the same
thing.. ;))

Go to this link:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/rankings/mba/brief/mbarank_brief.php

Notice that in the national rankings they are tied with MIT for the # 4 spot (according to US News)...not too shabby! I'm normally not one to toot my own horn, but I have to on this one! Can't help it.
Hackey

But we already have too many MBAs in the world. What we need are people that can actually DO something useful.:P

Amen!

Not to denigrate the accomplishment, it is surely a feather in your cap; the only thing I ask is that you learn to keep you focus no matter what your business. Too many businesses are being dumbed down and ruined by MBA-itis, to me there is nothing worse than someone in say, the restaurant business who refers to the food being served as "product" and the diners as "endusers" or "consumers". MBA-speak is draining the soul from too many businesses.

Just take a look at what became of GM when the car guys were superseded by marketeers from P&G; it is taking them years to get back to making real cars, and they have a long way to go, even with a real car guy like Bob Lutz steering.

So congratulations on being accepted into Kellog, that is quite a feat. Just remember to temper everything with an eye to real passion.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Very well put. A lot of people go for an MBA because they think it's a silver bullet to a bigger paycheck. If that's the focus, they have their priorities mixed up. I'm currently a controller at a national van line, and a CPA. What I learned in my undergraduate program and passing the CPA exam makes me a great technician, but it doesn not make me a manager. An MBA provides the kinds of tools I'm looking for to go to the next level. I think the key is to find the best practical use for those tools while staying grounded in the real world. As far as using "mba-speak" goes, I always believe in good communication. MBA-speak, as you so well put it, is precisely not that! Thanks for the good advice.:)

Hackey