J0nathan

customs spain question

here in spain customs is a pain and packages often get stuck there for ages. do you have any ideas/tips on how to avoid that ?

Where did you order your gear from, the US? I have heard of people traveling to the US to pick up their gear, and staying for a few days of jumping said gear. The savings from not having to pay customs fees, taxes and the like will offset the trip.

here in spain customs is a pain and packages often get stuck there for ages. do you have any ideas/tips on how to avoid that ?

Declare the real value of the rig and have it shipped with UPS/DHL. When they see a "backpack" declared for more than 5K, they will be extremely happy to get their 20 % VAT + 3 to 5 % import taxes ASAP.
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

sometimes amazone packages tend to get lost.

I'd get an insurance if I'd order a rig and have it mailed or brought to me by courier. All major companies offer insurance as part of the transportation and it is usually couple of percent of the freight charges. That should cover the whole rig if it is lost or damaged during the transport.