jtval

largest arms

I don't think they have anything to worry about. After prolonged steroid abuse the size of their pecker will reduce. (maybe thats why they can wear G strings the size of a postage stamp)

I suppose the only problem would be how to use a pair of tweazers in such big hands. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think my attitude stinks you should smell my fingers

A 340 lb. bench at 200 lbs. is a whole lot in my book. It's funny how a little extra weight even though it may be fat can increase your maximum lift.

I jump with a guy who used to be an Olympic lifter. He competed against the Russians years ago. I'm sure one reason he did so well is that he has short limbs. There is a definite leverage advantage to this when handling heavy weights. Today he is in his 50's and all crippled up. He's torn out his shoulders, his kness, etc. Doing maximum lifts can be hazardous.

A lot of strength comes from the joints themselves. Not just muscle. Someone with small joints and bones will probably never go far in the World of Power lifting. I just can't picture Bruce Lee as being all that strong. I used to idolize the guy when I was taking karate, but I wonder if he wasn't more show than strength. I admire the moves he could do. He was extremely agile, coordinated, but I still question how well he might do when pitted say against a boxer or wrestler of equal weight. I don't mean to be obstinate, but after taking quite a bit of karate, I wonder about how much of it would be effective in a real scrap. I'm not saying it's all hooey because some moves could be very effective, but a lot of it to me seems unrealistic. Maybe I'm all wrong on this, just my opinion......Steve1

I don't think they have anything to worry about. After prolonged steroid abuse the size of their pecker will reduce. (maybe thats why they can wear G strings the size of a postage stamp)

I suppose the only problem would be how to use a pair of tweazers in such big hands. :P

LMAO:D
- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

but I wonder if he wasn't more show than strength. I admire the moves he could do. He was extremely agile, coordinated, but I still question how well he might do when pitted say against a boxer or wrestler of equal weight. I don't mean to be obstinate, but after taking quite a bit of karate, I wonder about how much of it would be effective in a real scrap. I'm not saying it's all hooey because some moves could be very effective, but a lot of it to me seems unrealistic.

you need to read some of his martial philosophy and hear (or talk to, there are quite a few still teaching) the interviews with his students.

He was ALL about what actually worked, not what was traditional or simply pretty.

yes some of the movie stuff was certainly for show (it is a movie after all)

but as a martial artist he simply had no peer at the time and its very possible NOONE would really be were they are today without Bruce breaking the paradigm of what martial arts "was" and how it was taught and practiced. There is alot more to him, his life, and his art than the glimpses you get in the movies.

[but I still question how well he might do when pitted say against a boxer or wrestler of equal weight. I don't mean to be obstinate, but after taking quite a bit of karate, I wonder about how much of it would be effective in a real scrap. ]
Ok the truth is I can't find for sure one specific reason for a desire to get bigger. But if I was to guess, I can think of one thing I like. I like to be able to have a girl push force down on her elbows and then military press her all the way up so as to put her head 8 to 9 feet up in the air. Then watch another girl ask her guy to do it and watch him try and fail. I guess I have seen that happen a lot and evil me I just get off on it. But if it came to getting into a scrap well that had meaning to me in grammar school and yeah probably high school too. But right now I realize that if I really had a problem my glock 45 would have more take down power than Dave Palumbo, Greg Valentino, Jay Cutler or anybody for that matter.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.