fasterfaller

A major fuckup

wow thats impressive. :o that is one nasty freaking car with the purple flames on it. *barf*

post more shots!

I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I would be willing to bet the kid was a big fan of The Fast and the Furious. Someone should explain the concept that movies are not real. Dont try and recreate them, stupid kid.

Maybe he was trying to make a sequel: 2 Fast 2 Stupid. :D:D:D:D

i am also diggin that yellow mustang in oops-3!!!! *drooooooool*

edit: DOUBLE DROOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! dady like!!!!!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Here is some more sweet rides . If you are ever in Phoenix and see the Chevelle do not attempt to race him , he will beat you .

Dude, I wish I could find the pic of my 1970 Mustang, I had it hooked up, but I couldn't finish it the way I wanted, so, I sold it...BBWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA, like 5 years ago, I ran out of money. :(

Well,
You have a point.
If I every see a 84 Crossbrace blairing music thru the parking lot of our local grocery store and playground area, I'll be the 1st to put up large netting.:P

Interesting. An SUV with its side caved in 2 feet lying on its side, with a little car upright beneath it, its passenger compartment relatively intact. And people buy SUV's because they think they will protect them in a crash . . .

"And people buy SUV's because they think they will protect them in a crash . . . "

I saw an interesting TV programme last night that showed SUVs flipping over at 45 mph.B|

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

And people buy SUV's because they think they will protect them in a crash . . .

If I may use the famous BillVon quote - it depends. ;)

It's not always true, but when you've got greater mass and inertia on your side, you generally fair better. Roll-overs are much more common in trucks and SUVs, though, and I get nervous about side-impacts in my truck because it has a greater than two-foot ground clearance and could easily roll. Side impacts make up a smaller percentage of total accidents, so I'll take my chances with my big gas-guzzling vehicle.

A bigger canopy isn't always safer either. But most of the time it is.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

What I know about the wreck . The guy in the Honda was going north on 35th ave when the light turned red . He was traveling at a high rate of speed and decided to go for it . He did not make it as the other four cars had already entered the intersection .

These photos may end up on a news stand near you in the future as I am working on the deal at this time . BTW I am allowing these to be used for publication credits only so some dumb fuck might learn from this idiots mistake .

it doesn't just take a "little punk without skills in a new car" to pull and jerk move like this.

the guy that hit me was in his forties, driving a 15 year old truck...he swerved across 3 lanes behind a school bus to jam through a red light in a construction zone.

i haven't been able to jump in over a year, i have about $20,000 in med bills, and they are now telling me that the other side will declare that i overtreated and that i'll be lucky to recoup half of the money i have put out of my pocket in an effort to heal.

there are a lot of idiots out there people. and a lot of red-light runners. the extra minute you save is sooo not worth the potential for an accident. i know that sometimes it's hard not to just speed a bit through that light, but take it from someone that has been on the recieiving end of a red-light runner....it's just not worth it.

attached is my car after the accident.

i don't know when i'll be able to jump again.

drive safe everybody.

crash1small.jpg

>It's not always true, but when you've got greater mass and inertia
>on your side, you generally fair better.

In head-on collisions with other cars that's true; you will decelerate less. However, in head-on collisions with immovable objects (like trees) that's not true. SUV's are exempt from many safety requirements like crumple zones and side-impact safety because they're bigger and theoretically stronger. But if you hit a bridge abutment at 30mph, it doesn't matter whether you're in a Ford Expedition or a Honda Civic - you will be going from 30 to 0mph in a short time. Even an SUV doesn't win against a bridge. Whether you survive or not depends on how much of the car crumples to absorb that energy. If it crumples two feet (which Civics are designed to do) you'll feel around 15G's; if your stronger SUV crumples only a foot you'll feel around 30G's.

Also, if something happens on the highway at speed, you are much better off in a car. A blown tire can flip an SUV; it's a lot harder to flip a car with its low CG. Cars are a lot more manueverable than SUV's and thus they can more easily avoid accidents and hazards. After a rain out here you can always find an SUV or two upside down in a ditch, a result of people not realizing SUV's aren't actually better in the rain despite car commercial's suggestions.

Finally, in the worst of accidents, the cars generally don't stop after the first impact. If you're still alive after the first impact, consider whether you want to be sliding sideways at 25mph on your wheels or on the driver's side door.

I think SUV's actually do have some advantages for older drivers, whose primary mode of accident is rear-ending other vehicles. The added agility of the smaller car is wasted on them; they don't react fast enough to avoid accidents, so giving them enough mass to make rear-ending other cars safer might make sense. As long as that's the primary accident you're planning for, and speeds are low enough that you stop instantly after the impact, SUV's can be a bit safer than regular cars. IIHS stats bear this out; the safest vehicles out there are large cars.