skydiverek

New VOODOO Curv

I am a career-long R.I. customer dating back to 1985 when I bought the 185th Talon to come off the line. I haven't seen the new Curve yet, but I jump an early Voodoo right now and would buy the new Curve sight unseen. The new features are very - ok - innovative, and the Voodoo format is a proven one.

Sandy's engineering is second to none and the company's service practices are the best I've ever known - and I spent years as a dealer for all the big guys so I've seen the spectrum.

My 2 cents.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I've actually had that rig on my back, it is a very comfortable set up and conforms very close to the body. Part of the reason is due to the "BIO Yoke", something that was designed by Airborne Systems and is currently on the Raider Intruder system which is replacing the MC-4 military system. It's a very well designed container and it does hug the body so the name curve is appropriate as it conforms to the wearers body quite nicely.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Thanks guys for the news,
I am convinced, due to her professionalism, her great workmanship, the new voodoo rocks but as a French professional skydiver, I have to jump at least a TSO23D rig because of insurance issues. ( it's for the same reason my SIGMAs are actually grounded in France )
May the force be with us !!!!

I have to jump at least a TSO23D rig because of insurance issues. ( it's for the same reason my SIGMAs are actually grounded in France )

Oh wow, really? I also believe AAD is mandatory in France correct? How about RSL?

I have to jump at least a TSO23D rig because of insurance issues. ( it's for the same reason my SIGMAs are actually grounded in France )

Oh wow, really? I also believe AAD is mandatory in France correct? How about RSL?

AAD is mandatory, not RSL. At least not for licensed jumpers. Don't know for students and tandems.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

A date for what?
Just tried a Curve today , on the ground. Looking forward to test it in the air. Very innovative in general, nice details in addition to the geometry of the rig which is very respectful of general biomechanics.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Has anyone actually jumped one of these yet? Opinions? I'm definitely intrigued and it's good looking.

I jumped one a couple times. (That's me in the pictures DSE posted.) I'd have to say it's the most comfortable rig I've ever worn. Their new weight bearing system is incredible while you're standing around on the ground. Feels like next to nothing on your back. It hugs your body like a glove in the air. It felt a little tight after opening until I loosened the chest strap, but I think that's due to the rig being a little small on me and the fact I really tighten everything (especially the chest strap) down.

I only jumped it in a wingsuit, so I don't know how it flies in other disciplines, but there was no restriction or movement of the rig when I was bending every way I could while standing on the ground. In the wingsuit it gave me a really clean deployment from a full flight pitch which you can see in the second of DSE's photos.

I love how they built the main container closing system. There's a number of features and construction methods I haven't seen on any other rig that are really cool.

For the record I'm not sponsored by RI, but after jumping the rig I really wish I was. I would love to have one of my own.

Could you please elaborate further upon the "number of features and construction methods I haven't seen on any other rig that are really cool. " ?
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Looked at the CURV and tried it on today at Eloy; Most comfortable rig I've had on my back ever and lots of cool innovations. I've already gotten measured and will finalize my order when the CURV that will fit my canopies is finalized.

There are lots of nice rigs available but, IMO, the bar has been raised with the introduction of the CURV...