3mpire

leg strap bungee + wing suit

I did a search and came up with a single thread (http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2750316;search_string=Wingsuit%20with%20leg%20strap%20bungee;#2750316) from 2007 and was wondering if there has been any progress made in a detachable bungee for your leg straps which would allow a rig to go from freefly friendly (with bungee) to wingsuit friendly (sans bungee) configuration.

Is this still a roll your own solution type deal, in which case I should just talk to a rigger, or does anyone out there market something that fits this use case?

I don't know the brand of rig, but I saw a jumper board the Otter in Eloy this weekend ahead of me, and instead of a bungee, they had a short length of tape (looked thinner then webbing) instead, with a quick release buckle on it.

I think the jumper was German, so it may have been a Euro rig (or a after market add-on).
Remster

I don't know the brand of rig, but I saw a jumper board the Otter in Eloy this weekend ahead of me, and instead of a bungee, they had a short length of tape (looked thinner then webbing) instead, with a quick release buckle on it.

I think the jumper was German, so it may have been a Euro rig (or a after market add-on).

Wouldn't be difficult to do, but then you have a comfort thing to deal with (who want's to sit on the floor of the otter/skyvan etc with a shackle/buckle in their ass?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

My current rigs have removable ""bungees" made out of 2 softlinks, the ones with the metal ring. They are sown to the legstraps with the canopy-lines end.
I undo the softlink to open the "bungee". After the wingsuit is on the rig, I do the softlink up again.

I've also used a small french link: knot your bungee on one side of the rig as usual, and attach the other side with a small french link.
Whether this works depends mostly on your rig: if you have the small loops for the bungee this is easy, if you have the long tube type loops you'll have to make a loop with tape or something, to attach the french link to.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

untie said bungee before wingsuit jump
retie said bungee after wingsuit jumps
works for me every time, its fast, efficient, and cheap!

this^^

i found the "tooth" of a fork to be a valuable tool to open up a firmly tight strap.. plus i get a reason to talk to the hot waitress! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

untie said bungee before wingsuit jump
retie said bungee after wingsuit jumps
works for me every time, its fast, efficient, and cheap!

this^^

i found the "tooth" of a fork to be a valuable tool to open up a firmly tight strap.. plus i get a reason to talk to the hot waitress! :P

Try using a Marlin Spike, it's much easier...and they just do what ya say, never have to talk to 'em. :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~