AggieDave

Holy crap

That added a bit of excitement to your day huh? :D Glad everyone is OK. Aren't Cessnas great! If you're going to have an engine out....In a Cessna is a good place to be! B| Glad everyone is OK. Did landing in the field cause any damage to the plane? My Dad has some cool pics from his skydiving days in the 60's. One of the guys had to put my Dad's plane down in afield. Ended up being a TERRACED field......the plane came to rest upside down. [:/] Pilot walked away though....:D

Glad you're alright, dude. I've seen some photographs of Cessna crashes from the old timers at the DZ. Doesn't look too pleasant. Something to tell your grandkids about, eh?

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Dave ... sure am glad everyone is ok ... and hope you all had a change of britches handy .. ;)

I'm kinda glad I have car problems ... or I may have been up there this afternoon. If I can get the problem with the jeep figure out and fixed I'll be up to see ya'll sunday sometime.

As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

We won't know for a bit. We have a few theories, but nothing definate yet.

As a side note, the 4 of us that were on the plane all bought the pilot a bottle each to show our appreciation of him saving our lives, and then we took him out tonight. Infact, the entire DZ pulled together and went out as a group. (Which is the usual course of action for the weekend, the DZ is family and we all party together, but we made it a point to go out together tonight).

As more details are available, I will make sure my DZ.com family knows about them.

At this point, I am VERY thankful for PilotMike and his coolness in a very bad situation, he flat out saved all our lives this afternoon.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Oh, the media was on this like fucking ravenous dogs, all the jumpers told them to talk to the DZO. The DZO had just released a statement as well as held a quick (although imprompto) press confrence for all the media types that were there, so they left disgrunteled. Not having the "holy shit, there I was" story they wanted.

Today reaffirmed the fact that I fucking hate the media.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."