Maksimsf

Used gear for big boy

Be aware that at many dropzones whether or not you will be allowed depend on what rig you have.

The vast majority of skydiving containers and reserves out there are manufactuered under TSO 23C or under TSO 23D but with limits that mirror 23C. Under 23C, the allowed max exit weight is going to be 254. Realisitcaly, at your weight and canopy choices, you're exit weight will be in the 275-280 lb range (Frex my Mirage with an AAD, 269 main and 288 reserve comes in at 27 lbs).

Your best best is finding a TSO 23B container like a Mirage or Vector and then a larger TSO-23D reserve like an R-Max (248 or bigger), Angel Fire (246 or larger) or PD-R 281.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

I saw these in the classifieds, they were being offered extra with purchasing a container and reserve.

Maybe you saw it.

PD 280 - matching colors to the rig, 350 jumps with new dacron lines - $450
Navigator 260 - 400 jumps and some patches - dacron lines - $850
PD 260 - mint canopy with only 10 jumps, microlines - $650
Navigator 240 - 250 jumps and dacron lines - $1250

Be aware that at many dropzones whether or not you will be allowed depend on what rig you have.

The vast majority of skydiving containers and reserves out there are manufactuered under TSO 23C or under TSO 23D but with limits that mirror 23C. Under 23C, the allowed max exit weight is going to be 254. Realisitcaly, at your weight and canopy choices, you're exit weight will be in the 275-280 lb range (Frex my Mirage with an AAD, 269 main and 288 reserve comes in at 27 lbs).

Your best best is finding a TSO 23B container like a Mirage or Vector and then a larger TSO-23D reserve like an R-Max (248 or bigger), Angel Fire (246 or larger) or PD-R 281.

-Blind

good info, thanks

yup did see that, I assume PD260/280 is F111 and Navigators are hybrid?

I jumped a rental Navigator 260 for my first 75 jumps then bought a 250ish Falcon for 300 bucks. For me there was a huge difference between the hybrid Navigator over the F111 Falcon. I now have a Solo 250 and am looking to go down to a 220-230.

I dont know what the deal is but I jumped an almost new condition PD300 for about a dozen jumps. I was cautioned by the rigger that these opened hard..... I subsequently had one jump where it opened so hard that the center cell baffle ripped and that cell only held due to leading edge tape. Had bruising on harness strap points. Never had that problem with a Falcon and of course new canopys, Triathlon, Navigators. I usually roll the nose also on everything I jump. Used Falcons I think are a good deal as you can get a hundred or so jumps for cheap, but once the F111 goes the flare gets bad also.