g3ninfinite

Vector 3 fit

thats really not that bad my first rig was about 1 - 1.5 in to small for me. It's more of a comfort thing with it being that slightly off (or as my rigger told me). If you can reach the handles easily and if the rig is FF friendly then you should be fine.

If it's a brand new rig then ask what it would take $$ to change out the harness and make it fit you.

1.5 inches too long in the main lift web is not a good fit.

It all depends on how much you will be paying and if your willing to put up with an ill fitting rig.

IMO a bit too small would be a lot better than a bit too big.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Free flying in particular

In a sit, a low hip junction will allow the legstraps to 'swing' around, and maybe creep up be back of your legs behind the knees. A bungee connecting the legstraps will help this, unless you fly with your legs close together.

You really need to try it on, packed up with a main/reserve, and cinched down like you're going to jump it and see how it feels. 1.5" is probably a little loose, but you might get lucky and find that this one 'fits' you better then you expect.

Also, give UPT a call and get a quote on a harness resize, just for kicks. Maybe hit the seller up to split the difference with you, and knock a few bucks off the price, then you end up with a 'perfect' harness.

Thanks everyone. Will call UPT on Monday. Does anyone know approximate cost of redoing a harness on a completed container?

Yeah, UPT. Call them on Monday.

But seriously, have the serial number of the rig and a set of measurements for yourself off of a V3 order form handy when you call, it will help them determine the scope of the work needed.

Thanks everyone. Will call UPT on Monday. Does anyone know approximate cost of redoing a harness on a completed container?

Yeah, UPT. Call them on Monday.

But seriously, have the serial number of the rig and a set of measurements for yourself off of a V3 order form handy when you call, it will help them determine the scope of the work needed.

Copy, thanks dave