Casch

Vibes Needed: Giving a presentation today

Well in 2 hours I'll be waiting in line to give my Senior Project Presentation. It's not THAT big of a deal. It's a 10 minute presentation on my experiences with fitness and weight training. I was SUPPOSED to give the presentation yesterday, but...I flaked and didn't have ANYTHING written and I hadn't even bought a presentation board (required). Yesterday around noon I started writing the speech and once I finished with that...around 5 ish, I went to the store and bought the board and spend the next 3 hours putting together a semi visually attractive display. I've been rehearsing my speech all morning, and i just got back from buying a pair of slacks and a dress shirt...since the fanciest clothing I had was a ratty pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt with a slightly visably BBQ stain :D

Anyway, I HATE presentations and I can't wait to get this over with, any vibes would be appreciated :S

Go read dropdeaded's thread on presentations -- those vibes worked really really well for him, and I'm sure there are some left over!

Here're some more vibes, too

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You will rock - don't think about that you are talking to an audience - just think that you are chatting with friends. It'll be cool.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Bakersfield vibes on the way,just knock the dust off of em when they get there:)
Did my first presentation(ever) last week,I just kept in mind that no matter what,there wasnt gonna be a big red 1 in the incidents forum here when the presentation was done.Anyways,thats what kept the whole thing in perspective for me.

Good luck man,hell your a skydiverB|your gonna do fine.

dropdeded

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Go read dropdeaded's thread on presentations -- those vibes worked really really well for him, and I'm sure there are some left over!

You are absolutely correct Wendy.And yes , there are some left over.I guess I can quit bein so greedy and let em loose in Casch's direction.

Beware though,they are powerful stuff;)

dropdeded

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VIBES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Now go knock 'em dead Bro!

Yeah, what he said. Good luck man.

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

WHOHOO! I passed! I had my entire speech typed out on 3 double sided homemade 3x5 note cards in 8pt font thinking that I was gonna end up practically reading the speech, but I didn't use the cards much at all, other than to find my next topic. I don't know what my "grade" is, but I'll find out tomorrow. All I know is the board said that everyone passed. Thanks all for your vibes, it helped :)

I have heard that the number one fear in life is talking in front of a group of people. Not me, I can talk in front of anyone, kindergarteners to Senators. And when I speak to either group, I can relate to them. My big fear is AIRPLANES, I know, I know, so what am I doing here? I am admiring you guys! Just think that you will be telling someone all about something you love, like skydiving, and talking in front of a crowd is EASY.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I'm totally fine talking infront of people, it's giving "speeches" that bugs the hell out of me. It's all the stigma around it that freaks me out. But if you throw me infront of a group of people and tell me to talk, no problem. It's easier when I'm talking about something I really like. Around half my presentation was about skydiving, the effects that fitness training had on it. That was great...it was the garbage about the actual project that sucked...