skydiverek

New 'DRD' MARD system

The Yellow loop is the Collins Lanyard.

Matt

Correct, but the Collins Lanyard evolved from the 'external' white piece of line (introduced in 1998), to black internal loop, to yellow loop introduced in 2005 (as a response to the tandem fatality).

So, I was asking about the 3rd generation of Collins Lanyard.

In reading the documents you linked it does appear that the new Collins lanyard is Standard on all UPT Sport Rigs.

But I bet UPT can answer that better than I.

Matt

You're right. All Vectors now have the split housing with (yellow) Collins lanyard - even if the Skyhook is not installed.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Express my opinion as rigger and designer parachute equipment. All other mfg. in Russia need to install the subject of discussion. With regard to the SWS.aero and its products, it has actively pushed through a self forum. Competes with the Russian manufacturers. Many people in Russia and Ukraine do not respect the company for its forum fishing!

spiritquest

Express my opinion as rigger and designer parachute equipment. All other mfg. in Russia need to install the subject of discussion. With regard to the SWS and its products, it has actively pushed through a self forum. Competes with the Russian manufacturers. Many people in Russia and Ukraine do not respect the company for its forum fishing!

Not sure if you were commenting to me in general or not.

I'm also not sure what SWS means.

The new MARD uses an active attachment point instead of a hook.

With the hook, the attachment is passive. If the hook turns in the wrong direction, the loop can slip off the hook.

With the active attachment, if the RSL is pulling, the attachment is positive, no matter which direction is pulling from.

The attachment unfastens if the reserve pilot chute is doing the pulling. This is accomplished by having one end of the MARD device fastened by the reserve closing loop. If the ripcord has been pulled, that attachment is released since the pin is gone, and the MARD device in turn releases the attachment to the main.

The idea is to eliminate the passive hook that can release the loop at possibly the wrong time.

(How'd I do Jerry?)

-paul