Sebazz1

What Is Acceptable Beer

They have these really cool beer pitchers out now, they hold ice in a divided section near the handle. So it keeps your beer cold without diluting it! Great idea! I haven't seen them for sale, but I have picked them up at my local bowling alley or pizza joint. ;)

-T

I think that a keg is an acceptable beer offering as well. ;)

This kind of behavior should be mentioned to our new impressionable AFF students =o).

T.S.S # 5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To dream great dreams is itself an act of daring. -Eric Shipton & Bill Tilman

So when is Shiner night? I'm having fond memories of Texas just thinking about it.
T.S.S # 5
To dream great dreams is itself an act of daring. -Eric Shipton & Bill Tilman

There has been a bit of Shiner mania spreading around. I too have taken a liking to this Texas beer. Though I think I'm just in training for when I actually meet AggieDave himself... Me thinks there might be just a bit of drinking that dayB|

There aren't many things I know alot about, but BEER is one of them. I make my living selling it. I feel it is my duty to dispel some rumors.

First, the facts:

Beer has 3 enemies: Light, heat, and time. The best protection from light is a dark brown bottle. Clear and green bottles do not cut it.
The best way to get a good beer is to have it soon after it left the brewery.

NOW

Import does not mean "better". The beer sits in a port for some time, then on a boat for 4-8 weeks, then customs, then a truck or train, then a warehouse, then a distributor, then a store. Average time 2-3 months. Why do you think the expiration dates on imports are 6 - 9 months, while domestics are 90 days. Also, think about it, imports ARE domestics in their home country. Stella Artois is the "Belgian Bud", and NOBODY drinks Fosters in Australia. The stuff we get is nothing like it is in the home country. They add preservitives.

Green and Clear bottles(corona, heineken... nuff said)

I personally don't drink Bud (I used to) but it's made in 10 states in the US and is fresh.

Microbrews are higher in Hop content (a natural preservative) and use better quality ingredients like malted barley, instead of rice and fillers.

I could go on for Days, but I don't want to sound like a know it all, and I hate to type!

Cheers

Blog Clicky

MMMMMMM BEEERRRRR.

I love it all... Guennis, New Castle Brown, Oregon Nut Brown, Fat Tire, VB, Crownies, Hackershore (sp?) Weiss, just had a WONDERFUL polish beer, grew up on & love Budwiser, Coors - tasts even better a bit frozen, Rolling Rock, Red Stripe.
There's been 2 beers I've had that I don't like... Old Style (a Chicago tradition) & the national beer of Egypt - can't remember the name.

Movin to TX soon & can't wait to get back to Bud land. Up here in Chicago there's a bunch of Miller - AND there IS a difference!!

But the best beer is FREE BEER. @ WFFC, I'll be next to everyone else drinkin the free Miller Lite - it don't matter, after enough of it - the outcomes all the same.B|

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Beer has 3 enemies: Light, heat, and time.

I think that time depends on the beer you're drinking. Age certainly doesn't do anything for BudMilloors, except make it more putrid I suppose. On the other hand, time does wonders for high gravity and highly hopped ales. Green, or young, beers tend to have many distinct flavors, all standing out, not melding nicely. The same brew, aged a while (how long depends on the beer) will still posess all that flavor, but the flavors will have mellowed and melded nicely. Just like fine wine, fine beer needs some time in the bottle.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Fat Tire from Colorado has just become available over here in NorCal, and I have to say it is the finest American beer I have tasted, it is almost as good a "real" pint back home in the UK.

the cases of Fat Tire i bring to Kapow most weekends vanish the instant the beer light is on..its good stuff..

lately though i've been more partial to their Blue Paddle ale..

I started this thread back on December 19, 2001. Mostly as a joke but I should have known better. many skydivers don't F around when it comes to beer!!B|B|

Priorities folks ~ We gots our priorities straight ~ probably why we're the greatest people on earth... Or should I say OFF the earth...

Drink Beer, Be Merry, Get Naked...B|B|B|:D:D:DB|B|B|

DRINK BEER BABY!!![/B][/BLUE]