craichead

Finally back in the air!

After eight months, I am finally jumping out of airplanes again!!! WOOOOHOOOO! Yesterday morning I redid my ground school, but the weather was crappy so I couldn't jump. So, AndyMan and I decided to come out to the DZ today (a big thanks to my friend Heather for driving us out here!), and I just got back from doing my AFF Level 1! I am shaking like mad from the adrenaline!

Felt soooo good to be in the air again, but the toughest jump to do after my injury is behind me! B| I think AndyMan is ecstatic that he has sky chicky back. ;)

-P
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

CONGRATS! B|

Actually, on Saturday, I too returned to the sky. After 16 months stuck on the ground, I finally got back in the air where I belong.

So I'll join you in a little "back in the air happy dance." Hooray for us! And hooray for neat people in our lives that help us get going again! ;)

-Lara

Yeah, my little Crackhead (oops, I mean craichead) dislocated her shoulder last fall.

Anyways, she's back - and infact made TWO perfectly good skydives today... I'm so proud of her, she flew the pattern and flared without radio assistance and even stood up her landing! She's a natural!

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Awww, shucks...:$

Thanks everybody, for the congrats and encouragement!

Thanks especially to Andy for kicking my butt to get back in the air. Okay, okay...for the love and support, too. ;)

-P
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Only if thoroughly encouraged by the voyeurs in the crowd. :P

*Grabs camera helmet* Okay, the lighting is set. Andy, I'll need you to stay out of the frame until the last 2 seconds.;)

Action!
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Only if thoroughly encouraged by the voyeurs in the crowd. :P

*Grabs camera helmet* Okay, the lighting is set. Andy, I'll need you to stay out of the frame until the last 2 seconds.;)

Action!

NOOOOOOOOOO:P not another one!!

Hey, Piriya - CONGRADULATIONS!! It's awsome that your back & it sounds like landing better than Heather or me ;)

and lucky for you to have your own camera man - it's gonna be a great summer!!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Hey, Piriya - CONGRADULATIONS!! It's awsome that your back & it sounds like landing better than Heather or me ;)

Thanks Erica! B| I dunno if the stand-up landing was (dumb) beginner's luck or actual skill, but it was cool nonetheless!

I was coming in faster than my first jump because the winds had died down. The biggest difference--I think I've finally learned to look at the ground in front of me at an angle instead of straight down, so I flared at the perfect time!

When my feet touched the ground, my right knee dropped, and I ALMOST went to the ground, but I decided, "No, dammit! I'm going to stand up on this landing!" and straightened up.

Andy was giving me a hard time and said he wouldn't really count that as a stand-up landing, but I didn't slide in on my ass, I didn't biff in, and my knees never touched the ground. So what was it? A crouch landing? :P

Ya know, I think that's one of the main reasons why I started dating Andy in the first place...if I hooked up with him, I could get free video! :ph34r:

-P
__

Andy was giving me a hard time and said he wouldn't really count that as a stand-up landing, but I didn't slide in on my ass, I didn't biff in, and my knees never touched the ground. So what was it? A crouch landing? :P

yah, a crouch landing - RIIIIGGHHHTT. It was a stand up landing

Ya know, I think that's one of the main reasons why I started dating Andy in the first place...if I hooked up with him, I could get free video! :ph34r:

I knew there had to be a reason hidden SOMEWHERE:D. And lucky for you last year he figured out how to get people in frame... now if he could just teach Peter that neat trick :o

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Thanks Trish! I can't wait until you get back into the air, too--I hope it will happen for you soon! Getting airtime does wonders for the soul...:) ;)

-P
__

Andy and I will be sure to visit you in Australia...it has always been on our (very long) wish list of places to go. Maybe we will do something similar to JS and KO...hmm. ;)

-P
__