jumper596

What do you tell a whuffo about this...

I wear one too. I am not very creative in my responses. I just tell them its a skydiving thang. and they usually leave it at that. Either because they don't believe me or cause they now think I am crazy..
:)

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

I was actually shocked at how many people ask, or they think it is a tribal thing because I made mine w/ a beaded necklace.. Ha! Reminds me of that song by ZZ top, but it isn't about pearls..... :$

Anyway, I had a guy ask me today where I jumped at, and I told him then asked how he knew and he was like "because you are wearing a closing pin"... That was a first... Damn, does this mean a case of beer?

But I usually tell people it is a skydiving thing too, but most people go into the 2,000,000 questions after that point...

You could always tell them it is a key to unlock your sex tools/toys/etc... That will probably get them to stop asking. :P

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

yeah right ;) thats sure to run them off..

i think women get asked much more about it because its a good opening line. and an excuse to stare at your chest.a way to 'break the silence' without seeming like a duffus...same problem some women have with tattoes..

i ussually tell them its a closing pin, which then needs an explanation..if they are still paying attention after that i might give them some of my time..

i have used the "symbol of closure" before, but that does just cause more confusion...

i did meet 2 skydivers while in kuwait because of the pin though so its not a bad way to be recognized without wearing a clown loud skydiving shirt..

Government Issue - Id tell you but then Id have to kill you.

Alien presence detector.

Key that opens my torture chamber.

Charm that keeps away giant radioactive monitor lizards with 3 heads. I'd stand back, it doesnt always work.
:D

~AirAnn~

Casually explain to them that it is a tool to ward off people who ask too many questions (while jamming it in their left eye)

That should get rid of them.:)

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."