dpreguy

Slider stops

The "pilgrim's hats/witche's hats" slider stops that come with the PD Slinks don't always stop the slider from coming down over the softlink.

Does anyone have a idea or know of a product which is commercially availablle that would stop the slider every time? Esp on rear risers?

(I guess I could get the oversized silicone rubber or plastic tube ones, and hand tack, or something like that... I've never seen that tried w soft links - just musing here. Or may just go to wide risers - more musing)

Rather than trying to be creative - I'd rather buy a product that is commercially available and stops that slider every time. I have a stiletto with standard(pretty big) slider grommets. Nothing unusual

have you thought about full sized risers, instead of the narrow ones?

Even with wide risers, the slider can come down farther than you might think. Preventing the slinks from coming in contact with the slinks is also desirable, I think.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Wide risers. I already said that was an option.

After a couple hundred jumps on my previous rig, the wide risers would allow the slider to come really far down. The risers get more pliable/softer and not as effective at stopping the slider.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I once saw a set of them put on upside down and when I questioned the owner about it he said that it worked better at keeping the slider from coming down over the soft link. I have no idea if that is actually true or not or if it would work in your situation but I thought I'd throw it out there for your to try and decide for yourself.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Lou D Thanks. Actually, when the slider does come over the stop, and I pull the slider back up, it becomes inverted anyway. Same diff.

I actually solved the problem on my second rig, demo jump rig, a Vector II with wide risers. I put them on the wide risers, (they don't fit for shit), and they just make a kind of black wrinkled bundle, and they work fine. Slider never goes over that.

I just wondered if there was a better performing commercial/ manufactured mfg product for the modern type 17 risers. Like all riggers, I can invent stuff, but rather buy something better if it is out there and someone else has put it thru testing by use.

I actually took the hats off of my links when I noticed that they were sort of 'wedging' the control lines between them and the grommets. Seemed like a bad day waiting to happen.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message