jojames

wpuld a pilot zpx 188 fit nicely in an ICON I5 cotainer

was thinking of buying the icon pro harness. I5
i want to put a pd 193 optimum as the reserve and the pilot 188 zpx as the main.

does anyone know if this will fit and would it be too tight

ive read the optimum reserve packs smaller and i could go for the smart 176 but would prefer the extra sq/ft of the 193 if its possible.

same with the main - would the 188 be too tight

>If the ZPX fabric packs the claimed 17% smaller that puts it below the recommended
>size for the I5 doesn't it?

Chart says that both 150's and 168's will fit ok so it should be fine.

>but i also get that a new canopy is harder to pack and the manufacturers claims are
>not always spot on.

Yes, and it should be added that if this is a new canopy, new rig and a new jumper it will be a royal pain in the ass to get it into the bag. However a good packer shouldn't have too much trouble with it.

I jumped this config last year, Icon I5 with a 188 zpx and a 175 smart, all components brand new, no problem whatsoever on the fit. don't think the reserve was super tight, so if the 193 optimum packs 1 size smaller it shouldn't be a problem, but ask aerodyne before buying..

i can't really see any problems concerning packing of the main either, my brand new zpx slid right into the bag without too much effort.

a.

Additionally, I purchased mine new with those specs. Because I was a newbie the main appeared tight at first but when others packed it they showed me it was just me and not a volume issue ;)

So you might check the serial number to check to see if its really an I5 or if it is an I4. I have a friend that has an I4 with a smart 160 reserve that was trying to fit a pilot 188 zpx and just couldnt get it in the bag. Even seasoned packers were having problems until it got several jumps on it. Good luck to ya!

THRIVING IN MY DASH!!