Marz

I DID IT!!!!!!!

Screw th doctors, screw all who think differently!

I got my ass to my local DZ today and after watching a few loads land, I manifested. I had to do it. I spent all winter wondering if I was going to sell my rig because of the epilepsy, and then that MS diagnosis last week... So I got my ass geared up and did a hop 'n pop at 4000 ft.

I was in the door and all I thought about was "this bastard won't get me without a fight!" and I went. I did about a 10 sec delay (it almost took me that long to get stable!), pulled, had a really funky line-twisty opening, got out of that and landed cross-wind. The DZ owner was in the field when I landed, he knows what up with me, so he gave me a big high five and a big grin.

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! And as long as I can, I'll keep doing it. I wasn't jacked like on other jumps, but I had this feeling of vindication, like I won out over something.

I'm glad you guys were here to support me. Along with a few of my buddies back home, you're the people who made this happen.

Thanks

PS. my rig WILL NOT be for sale.

Marz

Good for you!! Congratulations!!!! My best friend wants to skydive but she too is epileptic. I'll send her your post.... It is really inspiring.

MEN: you can't live with 'em, you can't shoot 'em, but you can act psychotic and keep 'em off balance.
HISPA #10

PS. my rig WILL NOT be for sale.

I'm sure it looks better on you anyway :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Congratulations! Seems to have the attitude and perserverence, and love for the sport to stick with it through tribulations!
BTW, I had the opportunity to meet an outstanding Skydiver at the last boogie who has epilepsy, didn't keep her on the ground either! STICK WITH IT!!!
=========Shaun ==========