I Don't Have A Nickname.

Any suggestions?:o
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

P.S. I have a pullup cord with your name on it. Come down to Creswell for the GI Joe Boogie next weekend and ask for Crash. . .

How did you obtain a pullup cord with my name on it? :o

Careful of what you wish for. . .

No doubt! Still I'd rather have one given to me, than to assign myself a moniker. I've seen people do that, and it always seems phony somehow.:S

How about "Stands too close"? You stood so close to me while I was eating in the bomb shelter that I thought I was back in prison:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I'll trade you -- my lack of nickname for your lack of nickname:)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Any suggestions?:o

how 'bout Buttface ? :o)

you asked , Mark

That's "Butthead", to you, Mister!:D

Welcome over Jim! I'm glad you made the trip!B|

I'll trade you -- my lack of nickname for your lack of nickname:)
Wendy W.

Works for me - y'all call me "Wendy", and ya can call her "Stands too close"...:)
"Her friends are
So jealous
You know how bad girls get
Sometimes it's not so easy
To be the teacher's pet...":DB|;)

Actually, that used to be meB|. I came to the US for college from Brazil, where the personal distance is about half of what it is in the US.

It took me a long time to figure out why all those freshman boys thought I had the hots for them B|

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If people are allowed to choose nicknames for themselves, which I doubt, then I think I've got a reasonable one for myself. Linetwist. 'cos I get them on exactly 50% of my jumps B|

(a weeeak attempt to hijack mark's thread :D:D)

I came to the US for college from Brazil, where the personal distance is about half of what it is in the US.

you're from brazil wendy???? wow... or did ya just live there as a kid for a while??

you're from brazil wendy??

I lived there for 8 years; went to Brazilian schools until I began 7th grade and everything. Then I went back for the last 2 years of high school. Let me tell you, going to high school near the beaches of Rio was really tough B| NOT

Wendy W.

I've seen people do that, and it always seems phony somehow.

Yeah. How do you think I got to be Lurch? I acquired that from an aff instructor who thought I reminded her of the adams family butler. I've never even seen the show...I had to research the reference. Internet. Video stills, audio clips. Oh, THAT guy. Ok....
Every self-granted nickname I ever saw seemed somehow horribly pretentious...I could run around calling myself Darkmage or G-Money or some crap but come on, gimme a break...
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I've seen people do that, and it always seems phony somehow.

Yeah. How do you think I got to be Lurch? I acquired that from an aff instructor who thought I reminded her of the adams family butler. I've never even seen the show...I had to research the reference. Internet. Video stills, audio clips. Oh, THAT guy. Ok....
Every self-granted nickname I ever saw seemed somehow horribly pretentious...I could run around calling myself Darkmage or G-Money or some crap but come on, gimme a break...

There are a couple of traditional routes by which can have have a nickname bestowed in circles where such things are done. I'm thinking of motorcyclists, "Mountain Man" recreationists (where colorful nicknames are often bestowed), naval aviation, and so forth. However, it really depends on the circumstances.

The first is via some noteworthy misfortune. For example, a female skydiver at my DZ had put on some weight during a lengthy lag between jumps, and made a skydive while wearing a pair of tight-fitting jeans.

Her enlarged posterior stressed the seam of the seat of her trousers on the ground, so when she got opening shock and saddled out - you guessed it, and she wasn't wearing underwear.

She was dubbed "Cheeks".:D

Another route, as Lurch mentioned above, is based on an unusual physical characteristic. For example, a chap at my DZ is a big fella with a wide face and a big jawline. He reminds me of construction workers in Warner Brothers cartoons (you know, the ones that are always trying to bulldoze Bugs Bunny's rabbit hole so they can build a skyscraper or an interstate or something), so I started calling him "Moose", and now other people are doing it.B|

Another means of getting a nickname is via some act of particularly unforgettable infamy or notoriety on the part of the namee.

Still another is a play on one's name. For example, I know an NPS Ranger named Gauthier. When he was playing football in his youth, the coach couldn't pronounce his name, and so started calling him "Gator" instead, and it's stuck with him all his life.

The first is via some noteworthy misfortune. For example, a female skydiver at my DZ had put on some weight during a lengthy lag between jumps, and made a skydive while wearing a pair of tight-fitting jeans

WHEW thought you were talking about me for a second.....not that I will EVER be wearing any tight jeans at the DZ mind you.... and I have yet to think of an appropriate nickname Mark.... a few more freefly jumps and we might be able to figure something out.......;)

Amazon

Are you nuts? Talk about opening yourself up for ridicule. I can't imagine trying to come up with a nickname for you because I don't know you. But, I'm also going to be nice and not offer suggestions like Ass Muncher, Elephantitus, and Bitch Tit :)
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

>There are a couple of traditional routes by which can have have a nickname bestowed . . . .

Yep. And as I discovered this weekend, not paying any attention and blasting by a sunset big-way can get you a nickname pretty quickly.