altichick

?? Dodgy ad on eBay??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150743325800&fromMakeTrack=true

Could be genuine but the ad just doesn't sound like it was written by a skydiver!! Anyone recognise the rig?

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

sounds stinky....

plus the pictures do not look like a typical scottish terrace (of what I could imagine being a scottish terrace)

400£ for a 40 jump rig ? even if its not my size, I would buy it.... but I would like to see it first
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I just sent a message asking for serial #s and DOM for each component. We'll see if there's a response.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My guess is they are trying to sell it to someone across the pond...because they stole it here in the states. That's one hell of an expensive rig (nearly new mirage, clean white lines, reserve)...should be going for a few thousand USD at least. I wonder if they'll respond w/ the serial and DOM? If not they're sketchy thieves if you ask me. Any body look through the listings for stolen gear?

My guess is they are trying to sell it to someone across the pond...because they stole it here in the states. That's one hell of an expensive rig (nearly new mirage, clean white lines, reserve)...should be going for a few thousand USD at least. I wonder if they'll respond w/ the serial and DOM? If not they're sketchy thieves if you ask me. Any body look through the listings for stolen gear?

No reply so far.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

No reply so far.

Looks a LOT like the rigs 'The Misty Blues' use IIRC....?

Gonna look around, I have some pics of demos we've performed in together.

Edited to add: ~Sent Cindy an email w/ the link...interesting.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

My guess is they are trying to sell it to someone across the pond...because they stole it here in the states.

my guess is they are only selling the pictures because they don't even have the rig
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Definatly a scam!
This ad is also being discussed on a UK Facebook group.
So far the "seller" has sent two different descriptions of the kit when asked for more info by two different people!

Worrying as people are bidding.. Ive tried contacting ebay to allert them and try and get the ad removed but its still active

Well, I just got an email from ebay:

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from sij_hha through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them. Nothing is wrong with your account at this time -- this message is just being sent as a precaution. If you have received any messages from that appears suspicious, please feel free to forward them to us at [email protected] for review.

It goes on with basic fraud protection instructions, etc.

Since the ad's been pulled down, I can't confirm the user name, but since this is the only communication I've initiated on eBay in quite a while, it's gotta be this person. Sounds like it was indeed "dodgy."