Abedy

Advance Seven Tandem Rig

I wonder if anyone can share experience with Basik's Advance Seven tandem rig?
According to what you can see here and read here it seems to have some nice bells'n'whistles and most of all, resembles a Strong rig.
Just being curious. TA :)
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

We have two Seven tandem containers downhere in Brazil for 1 year now and all I can say is a very strong and reliable gear, Both containers have more than 1000 jumps each and we had only one malf. Very fast reserve deployment.
Very comfortable rig as well, for pilot and passenger.
safe jumps
Gui
D31713
prego

I wonder if anyone can share experience with Basik's Advance Seven tandem rig?
According to what you can see here and read here it seems to have some nice bells'n'whistles and most of all, resembles a Strong rig.
Just being curious. TA :)

We had one Advance tandem rig at our DZ and about 10 Parachute de France tandems. The Advance doesn't wear as well and was showing signs of wear and tear after 2 seasons whilst the PdF rigs just keep going.

Cheers,

Coops.

Hi Nic,

Very interesting.

In Abedy's link where it is called "Advance Seven Tandem":

http://www.smartrigs.com/advance-tandem-package.html

it has a photo showing only 3 rings.

And in his other link where it is called "1-ADVANCE SEVEN TANDEM":

http://www.basik.fr/en/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=209&category_id=25&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

it has a photo showing 4 rings.

Photos attached,

JerryBaumchen

Hi Jerry

They are 4 rings. I do not remember of the 1st shot, but risers are not from that particular rig (color).
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

Hi Nic,

Very interesting.

In Abedy's link where it is called "Advance Seven Tandem":

http://www.smartrigs.com/advance-tandem-package.html

but on the same page it say :

With a 4 Ring risers cutaway system for less stress and effort should you experience a malfunction.

I was going to suggest to contact Jerôme for further details, and he just showed up confirming that his tandems had a 4 ring release :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I dropped them an e-mail with several questions and was surprised the Jerome immediately answered it in full detail. That's a sign of good customer service, I suppose.

Anyone near here (i. e. near Germany or even better in Germany) has an Advance Seven tandem rig for a test ride? (Or knows of someone or somewhere?)

I know of several in Switzerland (not Seven, the original version), mostly in the french speaking part.

In France you might find some in Elsass or more north (which as you know are VERY close to Germany, and even twice per century part of it:P)

Maybe you can get Jerôme to have some demo stuff sent or a representative visiting you, as it also seems that Basik also now have their Tandem Main canopy

And yes, Jerôme and his crew do have a great service

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I know of several in Switzerland (not Seven, the original version), mostly in the french speaking part.

Now that sounds interesting and even more if you could find one in the German-speaking part. B| Still 'member my winter holiday in Crans-Montana - me not speaking any French apart form "Merci" etc - and most of them neither speaking any German nor any English... :S Funniest thing: I'm going to Davos on Saturday (but won't have any chance - Missus would gimme "The Speech" if I dared to sneak into any skydive territory and apart from that, it's too freezing cold...) But why not go to Graubünden during my short Easter holiday, hmmm...

Maybe you can get Jerôme to have some demo stuff sent or a representative visiting you, as it also seems that Basik also now have their Tandem Main canopy

And yes, Jerôme and his crew do have a great service

Demo stuff, now that's a good idea. Maybe at a DZ that attracts some more interested folks. Well, they ought to provide cross training (parts, EPs, packing, test jump) since almost everybody here "only" holds a Vector-style rating... But heck, good idea. :)