mad

Safire 2 139sqf in a Mirage G4 MT

be really careful overstuffing the main tray on a G4. The design of the rig has the bottom of the reserve tray designed on a bias and the main D bag on the opposite bias. In the event of a total the main is pressing down on the reserve - I have a tight G4 here that took over 40lbs of pull force to extract the reserve in a total main mal. simulation. This is only my personal opinion, but the design of the G4 does not allow for error in sizing. Just because you can get it in there - it doesn't mean you should (that's what she said)

What you you mean by "designed on a bias/opposite bias"?

Is it that the wall is inclined - not perpendicular to the back of the container?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

What you you mean by "designed on a bias/opposite bias"?

Is it that the wall is inclined - not perpendicular to the back of the container?

yes, that's what I meant, I didn't explain myself very clearly (in my defence it was early here)... If looked at from the side, the bottom of the reserve tray is longer than the top, and the main Deployment bag is built with the opposite inclination. When the main container is closed it presses down on that. I have a lot of G4's here and the tighter the main pack, the more force seems to be required to pull the reserve out on a total malfunction simulation.....

Mad - I have a G3 MT. Not sure what has changed, but I'd be more worried about the reserve you are putting in there.

The MT will fit a 126 nicely. However, the Optimum 143 requires " very skilled rigger".

Do you have an AAD? Do you want a reserve that is really tight in the event that you need the services of the AAD?

I'm not telling you what to do, just some things to think about besides the main.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

Hi jacketsdb23
i have a PD126R as reserve canopy and my AAD is cypress1 that is gonna be repaced when expire with a cypress2 ( i think more small ) so the problem is just if the safire2 139 fit in the container thinking that the reserve is not tight and the cypress is there...
cheers

I find it odd that you are comfortable with a reserve canopy that is smaller than your main. I assure you that when shit hits the fan and you need a reserve, the last thing you want is less fabric.

I don't know about the 139 main. I fit a 119 crossfire into my MT nicely.

Good luck and be safe.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.