MichaelG

Help Identifying a Swift Reserve

Contact the manufacturer. Para flite is now DBA as Airborne Systems but they still service their old canopies and maintain records on them. (at least they did a few year ago, the last time I contacted them)

Swift reserves were 5 cells. the Swift plus was a 7 cell.
Onward and Upward!

The R-7 should be a Swift Plus 175' AFIK.

Just got a call from a friend who actually has packed this very parachute. You're right! Swift Plus 175 it is!

How old is the reserve? The rigger that packed it should have that info. I assume the owner is interested in selling it and it's resale value.

I think I know what my 25 yo 5 cell swift is worth.:D

R.

The canopy your talking about is a 7 cell reserve. While its not the latest technology out there, they are safe and reliable when they are in an airworthy condition. If it is airworthy, it'll be worth something to some one. To find out just what it could fetch, I suggest you contact a dealer that sells new and used gear. You may want to try Square 1 in Perris CA or perhaps Square 2 in Eloy AZ. Both will be happy to inspect it for a fee to determine what shape it's in. From my personnel experience, they are fair and trust worthy. They'll give you a fair shake.
I don't have their numbers off hand but a quick web search will get you what you need. Good luck.
K

It's airing out right now and looks to be in really really good shape. Lines are clean, fabric looks good too. One correction to my earlier thought of Swift Plus 175. It's actually a Swift Plus 225. I've also talked to two riggers who have taken care of it in the past. It's 20 years old this month, but, in better shape than some that have been opened that I have looked at in the past.

Yup, some of the Swift Plus's still make great canopies. I've got a 175 that i've landed at a wingloadings well in excess of the placarded limits. They're good parachutes.

The original Swift - IE, not the "Plus" is a different story.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.