dropdeded

Wish Me Luck, Algebra

I start a new class today, College Math and Algebra.

No big deal to most but math has always been a monster to me. Im a high school drop-out, almost 40 and finally getting an education.Matter of fact, I have no friggin idea what algebra is :S
So wish me luck, Im sittin on straight A's so far and this is the class that I've been worried about.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

who's algebra?

I think its a big hairy monster bitch from hell, but I've never actually met her so I'll let you know later

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Just keep up with it and you will be fine!!

Actually, the philosophy which got me through several math courses was, "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up."

Good luck!
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I don't teach it, but I absolutely loved algebra. You can see how a lot of it applies to the real world (really), and that makes it a whole lot easier.

Ask as many questions as you need to. I remember the girl in calculus who sat in the front and asked a thousand questions, and was persistent. She got an A, I didn't.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think its a big hairy monster bitch from hell, but I've never actually met her so I'll let you know later

Met him. Tamed him and now he purrs like a pussycat!

--
A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. -Oliver Wendel Holmes

Good luck! I've been dreading taking my college math classes for my degree and keep putting it off. Now I've lost all my financial aid and might not be going to school at all.[:/] *sigh* I have 3 weeks to figure out what I'm gonna do. I hope things turn out well for ya.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

There was a recent news article over here about a guy that was arrested at Johannesburg International Airport. He was found with a protractor, a calculator and a book of logarithmic tables.
He is a suspected member of Al Gebra
and is being held for possessing weapons of math destruction.
:D