LDiCosimo

Stiletto As Beginner Canopy? no thank you

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=120604;d=1

This guy is really pushing this as a first canopy! Really?

If you are looking for your first canopy, this is a very affordable option......

This is a positive sign of a crap. If something does not sell, lets try to push it to someone with limited knowledge.:S

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=120604;d=1

This guy is really pushing this as a first canopy! Really?

He neglected to list the level of Mad Skilz required.

And the ad has been edited. It now says that PD does not reccomend the Stilleto as a first canopy and includes a link to PD.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

See, some times despite all the bitching I do something right around here... :D

I am not a fan of calling the Stiletto a first canopy unless that person has been on rental gear for like 200 jumps!

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I wonder what color "BB" is?

blackberry

Could be blueberry, or boysenberry.

Suddenly I have a strong urge for some IHOP pancakes...

It is blackberry. I know this because when I bought my very first and very new canopy, I spend ages with the online coloring programs, and I ended up buying the spectre 150 in the attached pic.
I later on sold it to the guy trying to land it in the attached pic :S:P

ciel bleu,
Saskia

is the nitron similar to the stiletto? Ive been flying a 150 nitron for about 60 jumps or so, but its a friends n I'm looking to downsize and am partial to PD. So i was thinking either a Sabre2 150 or a stiletto 150...

Do you really mean this canopy? You either forgot to update your profile or you tell us you jumped a high-end 9-cell canopy at less than 200 jumps? Wow. And yeah, it's similar to the Stiletto.
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

is the nitron similar to the stiletto? Ive been flying a 150 nitron for about 60 jumps or so, but its a friends n I'm looking to downsize and am partial to PD. So i was thinking either a Sabre2 150 or a stiletto 150...

Do you really mean this canopy? You either forgot to update your profile or you tell us you jumped a high-end 9-cell canopy at less than 200 jumps? Wow. And yeah, it's similar to the Stiletto.

Terms for all these rapid aggressive downsizers.:P
Flying Accidents Waiting to Happen
Flying Landmines (Have to avoid them in the sky and fun to watch explode when they hit the ground on a botched landing)

fun to watch explode when they hit the ground on a botched landing)

Really dude? You derive pleasure from that?

:S

sarcasn, dude, sarcasm
:|
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Terms for all these rapid aggressive downsizers.:P
Flying Accidents Waiting to Happen
Flying Landmines (Have to avoid them in the sky and fun to watch explode when they hit the ground on a botched landing)

Ah, are we being sarcastic 'cause we see it again and again?
Once we're at it:
WISOL: Will impact sooner or later. :S:(
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

im pretty sure i bought this canopy but since the ad is gone im unsure. i bought a 170 stilletto...... i have about 110 jumps on a spectre 150 loaded at 1,4, and i know a spectre isnt fully elliptical but i enjoyed the shit out of it. at my weight im gonna be loading the stilletto at 1.3 but i think im gonna be fine.............i have 170 skydives and 60 BASE jumps as well as 6 months worth of speedflights ........ i hope i didnt make a bad purchase but i consistently stood up my spectre when i was jumping in hawaii and was getting pretty spot on with landing close to where i wanted.......
honest thoughts?
gravity brings me down.........

You're unsure whether you bought a stiletto or not?!

Sure go jump a stiletto, if you want to fly a high performance canopy with the most roll action of any non-crossbraced canopy (AFAIK).

The required jumpnumber over here for flying a stiletto is 400, plus you have to be current enough (at least 50 jumps in the last 12 months in this case).

If that gives you any hint.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

60 BASE jumps

That is probably the opposite of helpful, though. BASE canopies are kind of like anti-Stilettos, deliberately so - and will teach your muscles very different things about what you should do in different situations.

Be careful, think hard.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?